Shield Disarm skill for warriors.

Started by CaleKnight, March 28, 2006, 01:30:37 PM

The highly developed skill for getting around a shield is your offense skill.
Every hit that gets past Shield Use represents your ability to hit your
opponent rather than his/her/its shield. ;)
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I think shield use is just fine. There are things you can do right now against shield users just fine. I see fine balance at the moment and a lot of intricate possibly obfuscating code to make anything realistic out of this skill.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I don't think any change is necessary either. For the most part the combat system is pretty good.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

QuoteI don't know what sort of a weird issue you have with round objects, man, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to kick a round shield.

The wierd issue I had was in reference to the contents of the primary post that presented the Shield Kick idea....as stated below...again.

QuoteWhen someone's carrying a tower shield, kite shield, or other long shield, kick the bottom-side of the shield
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I don't really think we need this. What might be better than all of this are differently named skills that duplicate kick, like elbow, punch, etc. That way we could roleplay our styles of fighting better.

By the way, most larger shield do incorporate straps. Smaller shields do not, but then again, small shields like bucklers are also used as weapons, and I think would be better served by being coded as both a low-damage club weapon and given a boost to the shield skill. Bucklers are actually easy to use. Large shields were mainly as defense against archers and fire-throwers, not as any sort of melee protection.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870