look west and standing/sitting/resting

Started by TLo, March 09, 2006, 07:35:35 PM

The higher in elevaton you are the farther you should be able to see. So if you're on a mount you can see four rooms, if you are standing you can see three rooms away, if you are sitting two and if you are resting one.

I would like it. Would force people who want to keep a sharp eye out for meanies to stand up. Would also prevent the watchful eye while sitting.

What if you're resting on top of a star dune? Or on a rooftop? Or you're mounted at the bottom of a winding dune?  Or standing in a shallow depression? Or standing in a crowd of half-giants?  Or...the list goes on and on.

Just deal with it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Or roleplay that you can only see a certain distance and ignore what the code tells you.

And Zalanthans don't see in "rooms." They see in distances, so sitting down, you could rp seeing tothe end of the second room. Standing you can see the beginning of the third room, and riding means you can see until the end of that third room.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"And Zalanthans don't see in "rooms."
I see in "rooms," even IRL.

OP - interesting idea, but I side with the consensus.  In fact, I'd actually like to see max-distance dropped to 2 (and upped to 3(or whatever) with tools/affects).
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I seem to remember a stone you can forage making things larger, too, demonstrating magnification. Not to derail, but I'd also like to see a tool (spyglass) implemented into the game. Sort of like the Rock used on the Scorpion King. A little bone pipe with a hole in the end to slide a crystal in vertically, and turn it for various magnifications.

Edited to address the below post: I agree such crystals would be very rare, and I'd hate to see everyone and their kank have one. However, something like this would be both awesome for it's addition to gameplay, -and- help put tinkers on the map. Maybe only a tinker or tool-crafting merchant could make them -with- the proper materials.

Quote from: "Fragmented"I seem to remember a stone you can forage making things larger, too, demonstrating magnification. Not to derail, but I'd also like to see a tool (spyglass) implemented into the game. Sort of like the Rock used on the Scorpion King. A little bone pipe with a hole in the end to slide a crystal in vertically, and turn it for various magnifications.

No thank you.  Natural crystals that can work as good lenses are EXTREMELY rare, and Zalanthan glasswork is pretty shoddy.  Even the Cenyr glass is a little bubbly at the very best.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?