Elves

Started by Lavalamps, March 06, 2006, 07:43:37 PM

Do City-Elves have the ability to speak both Allundean and Sirihish?
Or would I have to pick a half elf for that?

Yes.

Just kidding.  City-elves typically have Sirihish, much like all of the other races that belong in the cities.  Half-elves also have Sirihish and Allundean.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

However, elves tend to start with lower sirihish, while half-elves tend to start with lower allundean.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Awwwww... no finding out IC?

Cockily, self-assuredly, you say, in allundean;
"Nah, man, I can speak perfect sirihish."

skills
(lack of sirihish in the result)

Sneering, you say, in allundean;
"But I hate that shit.  Anyone who speaks sirihish is a fek'n roundear."
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: "Lavalamps"Do City-Elves have the ability to speak both Allundean and Sirihish?
Or would I have to pick a half elf for that?

You can also take the linguist subguild.  Then you start good in three languages (unless you are a merchant/linguist, in which case you would know four.)  Languages for every occasion!  You also get to be instant friends with all dwarf newbies, since they can hardly speak with anyone.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Who would want to be friends with a smell stumpy? Bah.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Well you want them to understand you before you plant your axe in their face.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

A dwarf can reach my face? I always considered them ankle biters.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.