Scavengers

Started by Anonymous, February 27, 2006, 04:19:52 AM

I'm kicking around the idea of playing a scavenger when my current character dies.
Two Questions:
1.  Does a scavenger have an elevated skill cap on forage moreso than any others.
2.  Can a scavenger forage food like a ranger.

I am pretty sure the answser to both questions is no.

1) A scavenger, if I'm not mistaken, will have a high starting forage, but a fairly low cap, like most subguild sets.
2) Rangers, to my knowledge, are the only ones who have food foraging available to them.

However, you could always play a ranger/scavenger, and your troubles would be solved. :)
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Actually I have a toon now, but when it dies I was thinking of making a merchant/scavenger.   I've got the sudden urge since playing a subguilded toon with haggle, to play a merchant, and explore crafting.  I mainly am wanting to make foraging easier with scavenger.  Any thoughts?

Merchants, I believe, are the most adept at haggling of any guild/subguild, so I would say merchant/scavenger is a good choice. Just don't get jumped by scrabs while you're foraging. :)
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

A merchant/scavenger can rock.  Trust me.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

PC!  THE TERM IS PC!!!!

PLAYER (f'ing) CHARACTER!

Not 'toon' ARRGGGHHHHH.

Merch/scav PCs rule.  Enjoy your PC.  If I can find your current 'toon' then I'll gladly help you onto your new PC idea.

/petpeevedrant
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Toon comes from MMORPGs.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

And most merchants in Zalanthas would never go out into the wastes to scavenge for anything. That is a right quick way to die.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Hearing 'toon' instead of 'character' makes me feel sudden urges to kill people.

Quote from: "Akaramu"Hearing 'toon' instead of 'character' makes me feel sudden urges to kill people.

It just makes me think of dwarfs that closely resemble Elmer Fudd.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Toon!  *hop*

That's what I'm using from now on.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"And most merchants in Zalanthas would never go out into the wastes to scavenge for anything. That is a right quick way to die.

Except for merchants that don't have their fancy palaces full of crafting materials that make sure they can go through their entire life without ever hearing the "You are thirsty" message.

Buy a lightning-fast erdlu and run if you see so much as a jozhal, and the wastes can be your friend.  Maybe not a friend, but at least it can be the aunt that never liked you but gets you presents every once in a while because she feels that she has to.
Back from a long retirement

ERS is correct. An erdlu, a skin, a bag for my foraged loot, and the forage skill is all I've ever needed to get by, ever. Even with non-combat characters. Even with characters who would have immediately died if an encounter with a scrab/beetle/skary magicker had ever taken place.

Keep your head out of your ass. Don't exhaust your mount. EVER. Stay within running distance of the city of your choice, or at least somewhere to duck out in the event of said skary magicker. Use looks to scout your trail before you get there. Don't be afraid to skedadle without hesitation, when shit gets rough. Follow my sage advice and you will thrive. Subguild skills, especially forage, can keep you alive.

Forage + Sense = Profit

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I love erdlu, specialy for any starting char.

Always thought forage was really one of the most realistic ways to earn an income.

And I'm with Malifaxis, But I'll let his rant stand for mine as well.

Toon indeed, silly. Well, sounds soft and fuzzy, so, guess if your playing north its alright.

JK, still hate it.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job