bartering question

Started by daedroug, February 24, 2006, 05:40:39 AM

why is it that sometimes when your bartering with a merchant to sell somthing and then all of a sudden they lower the price they're willing to pay for it?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

It's because you teased them.. As you get better in haggling, you'll manage to empty those mean merchants' pockets with ease.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

They're willing to pay from the get go.  You just have to convince them of the price you want, that's what they're refusing to do with you 'offer halaster 5' is just the increased money you want, not the offer entirely.  You can type in 'barter' at any point to close the deal on the merchant's currently accepted deal (default price that everyone gets if you didn't convince the merchant otherwise).
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It's probably that merchant's way of showing you that he's not happy with you haggling with him.  The solution is to get better at it.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Try offering your goods at a slightly higher price.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Unfortunately, everyone here is dead wrong.

It's probably because the item you're trying to sell is bloody, sweaty, or worn out.  If you try haggling up the price of one of these items, their initial offer will be lower than normal for that item, and they will only decrease their offer upon haggling.  This might be a bug.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Thanks synthesis that was the answer i was looking for
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams