Idea

Started by Packersfan, February 18, 2006, 10:49:42 PM

If they were made more available.. I would use them, but since I have to track down the one moving Pc in either city to buy them, I'd rather just RP it out and save up for mul mix.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I'll see what I can make happen.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

In my experience, there are pouches readily available in large quantities in every major starting locale.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I love how as my character continues on their merry way, I accumulate more and more container items, that are also empty.  Maybe you could use "a plain bag" and just pretend it's sized like a small pouch.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "spawnloser"In my experience, there are pouches readily available in large quantities in every major starting locale.
What about skewers for people cooking?  Punk-sticks to light pipes with?  A makeshift harness on a kank?

People like props.

Personally, I've used purses when available, and virtual ones when not.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Personally, I think that minor props are fine.  Every single character I have ever had has always had a rag with them.  They use the rag to clean off their sword, wipe their face, wrap up bloody meat, wrap up travel cakes together, and everything else under the sun.  Could I go get a dozen rags and stuff them in my pack?  Sure, but I think it would be far more distracting to spam getting a rag from my pack, emote wrapping up some meat, then put the rag and the meat pack in my pack... for what?  It isn't like anyone is going to steal my rag.  Nor is it unreasonable ot assume that my character has a few rags on their persona.

Some props are just more of a pain in the ass to get then they are worth.  They are either hard to find or spammy to use.  Rags, tiny coin pouches that are just glorified folded rags, and things like that to me are just not worth the spam.

Quote from: "Morgenes"I'll see what I can make happen.
Toss 'A grubby boy sits here by the stoop, seeling coin bags.' in front of the bank locals in the game and give him the following items:
1. a small coin pouch (holds 1-500 coins) - 1 obsidian coin
2. a medium coin pouch (holds 501-1000 coins) - 2 obsidian coins
3. a large coin purse (holds 1001-2500 coins) - 3 obsidan coins

Someone will suggest that the pouchs will be abused and used for other shit. Well, I know for a fact that items can be restricted in their use, such as knife belts. Therefore, restrict these pouchs' use to strictly coins.

Additionally, make giving someone more than 50 coins without a purse impossible. Make it so that you can handle as many coins as you want to, but you can't give them to anyone without a purse. That way, you can still do purchases and so forth and move them around just however you like between chests and so on, but you can't do an exchange without the purses.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

And Rindan, you're right, but you're wrong too.

Props shouldn't have to be there, but when they are, it makes the game that much cooler. I wish they would sell rags for shit like wiping your ass and stuff. :P

In my humble opinion, some things are better left virtual.

It makes things much more seamless.

I will stop emoting virtual pouches if it is some horribly abusive thing to do.

But I will sure as fuck not start carrying around fifty little coinpouches to use whenever I want to get a damned ale. It's already bad enough when I see:

The man opens a backpack.

The man gets a pile of coins from a backpack.

The man closes a backpack.

The man gives the bartender many coins for an ale.

The man opens a backpack.

The man puts a pile of coins into a backpack.

The man closes a backpack.

Now.. you want people to add four more lines of spam to that?  Heh.

(p.s. Stop trying to beat those poor pockpockets through code!
Keep some money in your damned pockets!)

open backpack

get pouch backpack

get pouch backpack

close backpack

open pouch

get coins pouch
(You get 400 coins from a pouch.)

put 200 coins pouch

close pouch

open 2.pouch

put 200 coins 2.pouch

close 2.pouch

open backpack

put 2.pouch backpack

close backpack

give pouch employee (totally exhausted)

:shock:

steal pouch man

Got it!

l in pouch
Inside a medium coin pouch (carried):
a medium pile of coins.

I'll carry around three I suppose.
Most of my money will be in the large pouch.
My on the spot money for a couple ales would be in the smallest, and my weapons pouch will have a reasonable amount.
I wouldn't like it if they were neccesary though.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Well, fuck. Yeah, I suppose it might be spammy. Still, give it to us who do want it. I do! :P

Morfeus. Fill those pouches up at the bank when you take the money out.

What'd it do for me. I would have a different employees pouch in a different place on my person.

And don't let them be closeable.

get pouch cloak

give pouch target.1

open pack

get pouch pack

give pouch target.2

get pouch belt

give pouch rat.1

get pouch boots

give pouch assassin.out.to.get.me.1

withdraw 1100

open backpack

get pouch backpack

get pouch backpack

get pouch backpack

get pouch backpack

get pouch backpack

close backpack

put 200 coins pouch

put 200 coins 2.pouch

put 200 coins 3.pouch

put 200 coins 4.pouch

put 300 coins 5.pouch

open backpack

put pouch backpack

put pouch backpack

put pouch backpack

put pouch backpack

put pouch backpack

close backpack

think Krath, which one is the one with MY payment now?!

:twisted:

Freak. J/king.

I WANT TO DO IT STILL>?><>?>?

Put your payment in the largest pouch and theirs in the smallest.

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Freak. J/king.

I WANT TO DO IT STILL>?><>?>?

Put your payment in the largest pouch and theirs in the smallest.

I am not stopping you :D Just do not force me to use it myself and please, make all this spam in some place I cannot see it.  :twisted:

I agree.

Thats why I'll do it in the bank, you too poor to get in there any way.

Don't much like it.

Whats wrong with virtual props anyway?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Maybe it's the time, but I found the huge long lines of generated spam that everyone has just seen fit to share with us to be hilarious to the fuck'd degree.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."