Apartment Thingy (view #5)

Started by Cale_Knight, February 17, 2006, 06:24:40 PM

It's kind of silly the way you have to blindly rent apartments. I'd like to be able to hit "view apartment #1" or whatever and get a small description of the room.

Something like:

This small. three-bedroom apartment features a tiny foyer, a moderately sized kitchen/living area with a cistern and fireplace, and a small bedroom featuring a closet and shelf space.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I suppose it depends on how you view apartment rental, and likely the cost might factor in. You're lucky to get a room some places, don't expect them to show it to you.

There is no customer service in Arm. Why would they let you pick the best?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Why would they be unwilling to say "this room has a cistern and a fireplace?"

Especially considering half the apartment buildings are Nenyuk-owned anyway, and they were always willing to show you a room before you rented when there were actual PCs around.

Shouldn't have abused the Pcs so much then and made it enjoyable. Theres no Customer service now.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Shouldn't have abused the Pcs so much then and made it enjoyable. Theres no Customer service now.

Yes.

That makes perfect sense.

It would be kind of nice if the NPC renter could tell you a little bit about the room before you rent it.  But would they?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I don't think it is stretching the fabric of Zalanthan reality to believe that the NPC, when asked, would tell you what the room was like.

No, there is not customer service, but there is still human courtesy and professionalism. And fuck, what the hell else does that clerk have to do? They stand behind a counter all fucking day! They're probably DIEING to have a conversation with your character. I would be. *shrug*

Edit: ... Oh... yeah... I like the idea. I think it should be implemented.
Fear not death, for it is your destiny.

That would be a wonderful addition, especially given that the Nenyuk PCs are gone.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."