Tagging items with walk emotes

Started by Jakahri, February 05, 2006, 05:19:38 PM

Is this even possible in the code? I'd love to see it.  :wink:

>w (laying the flat of ~sword over his shoulder)
The tall, muscular man walks west, the flat of his agafari longsword over his shoulder.

Thoughts?
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

w laying the flat of his agafari longsword over his shoulder.

Would give you:
Bob has arrived from the west, laying the flat of his agafari longsword over his shoulder.
your mother is an elf.

I am 90% sure that you can't refer to objects with the "~" symbol in a movement echo.  The best you can do is to do as Moofassa suggested and simply type out the echo.

I know.

A tag for emotes would be nice though.

No doubt. *flex*

Quote from: "Rindan"I am 90% sure that you can't refer to objects with the "~" symbol in a movement echo.  The best you can do is to do as Moofassa suggested and simply type out the echo.

No, you can't. I've tried and seen others try. It shows the tilde.

No doubt. *flex*

Jakahri is correct, it will show the tilde (~)...not be replaced by the sdesc.

I believe the staff once said that the problem with allowing that in move emotes is that you can normally target things in the room, but when moving, it's difficult to work with the fact that the coders would need to make it only target things in your inventory due to the fact that it won't when targetting something in the room (since it won't be in the next room).
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.