Boot Sheathes?

Started by Desertman, January 30, 2006, 11:05:21 AM

I have found over the past couple of RL months that the sheathes in boots, well, just seem to not work. I have bought multiple types of boots all with sheathes that I have used in the past on several occasions...and none of them will seem to hold a blade. Not a skinning knife, not a dagger, not a longknife...and I have tried multiple types of blades which all used to work in the past as well. Upon bugging this one time I had an immortal tell me that I was simply trying to use the wrong type of blades to sheathe...that only certain types of blades would sheathe in a pair of boots. Another time I had an immortal come down, fix the boots, and they would sheathe everything they used to. Has there been some sort of major change to boot sheathe code to make them seemingly useless? If so I personally think it really needs to be put back to the way it was. If not, and this is just a bug that seems to affect all boots then I suppose I should appologize for posting this thread, as I do not intend it to be a...."Hey fix the bug you immortal people"...I intend it to be more of a..."Put the code back the way it was because the way it is now blows"...sort of thread. Am I the only one having this problem?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

If you run into a pair of boots like that, use the bug command.

bug boots The desc says there's a sheath for a knife, but no knives seem to fit in them.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I remember once the code changed and when I pulled my blade from my sheath, I couldn't put it back in. Just bug it. Halaster fixed it up for me.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

The new boot script disallows weapons that are not daggers/knives (ie, longknives, jambaya(sp?), shortswords, etc).  Also, it also takes into account the size.  So if you find that a small, regular ol' knife doesn't fit, let us know.

Alternatively, the old boot script was written in a different code program, and it's got a few problems.  We've removed most of them from the boots, and I'll try to remember to take a look at fixing the rest of them tonight.

Ashyom

Ahhh yes. That explains...Actually Halaster did come down and fix that one pair of boots for me hehe...what a Joe eh? But yeah...I have tried multiple types of knives, daggers, longknives...all different types of each of different sized from skinning knives to short shortswords to throwing knives...nothing works. And yes...I bug them in that format every time.

I had this same problem dor a long time.  Eventually, I found a pair that didn't have the problem (I had bugged the first pair, and the second...) and junked the other ones...to get them out of the code database.

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

what do i do with the four boots that i have that dont sheathe anything?  just junk that shit from the game?

if it reloads, will the bug come back again or will junking it eliminate the problem forever?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Some boots don't have sheathes.
your mother is an elf.

Yup, but I think we're talking about ones that have a sheath in its desc and stuff, but are buggy and don't work as a sheath.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I've run into at least one pair of boots, that got enterprisingly switched, but a needed parameter wasn't set. This is likely the cause. Bug them, and they'll be reexamined.

And sometimes you are using the wrong command.

Sometimes "load" works for me, and others "put" works.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime