What do you like about Armageddon

Started by moab, January 29, 2006, 05:34:34 PM

Starting a new thread rather than derail an interesting one.

What do you like about Armageddon  (good thoughts only, please)?

Special Message to Jarrod:

What the heck do _you_ like about this game that you remain here despite all the negative posts you make?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I like laughing at Jarod, and the fact that I can make players (not characters) both laugh and cry with but a few simple acts.

There's no feeling better than knowing you have provoked an actual emotional response from someone, and that they dig it just as much as you do.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I love how many brown nosers we have:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16060

I'm joking about that though. I like.. the salt flats update that Tlaloc put in. What are they? I don't know, but I like them.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

LOL.

I love the desolation and desperation I feel in this game.  I love torn psyches and no true right and wrong, good and evil.

I love that there are no true heroes.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Things I like:

I like the fact that I can "do" just about everything, If I don't like someone, I can hit them, if I find someone bleeding in the sands I can kill them. EDIT Not that I would do those things in some characters, but just saying

I like that I can interact with folks, on a level where I don't have to see smilies in text or have to read brb or afk or any of that crap.  I like that with the emote command and command emotes, you can do things with your own personal flair.

I like the fact that staring at a screen of text eventually melts into a scene in my head, from my characters point of view, and have more fun for free then I would in any graphical game.

I like the fact that you can't make a jack of all trades character who mindlessly does the same action 1500 times with programmed triggers and become elite in a week.

See I like plenty of things, many more then I have time to type here, specially when I'm eating like I am now.

Jarod

Perma death.  There is nothing more wonderful and awful then the sensation of dread when you see your HP dropping and know this time you just won't get away.  Or when the words of your enemy go something along the lines of, "Kill um." And you know there is know escape.  When you think you could take that raptor or tembo and you couldn't, but then you can't get away and you try to run.  You try to rest, and just when you think you're safe in the distance there they are again, like jaws mwaha and you know you're just not gonna make it out of that one either.  Or when you're friend is in your head telling you they need help and you don't make it in time and all you find is a body picked clean.  Or when you see someone crumple that was close to you IC.  It's great.  Just wondering if this is going to be the time you just screw up or some freak accident happens or misplaced creature or raider get's you all of it is great.  This game wouldn't even be what it is, if it wasn't for perma death.

Those times when you are 100% sure everyone is going to live, and you start returning home, then a dart comes out of the darkness and kills your second in command, even though he was in full body armor and at full health.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I love how this game terrifies me and get my heart going more than any other entertainment medium, possibly including real life.   :P

I love how one can play this game for YEARS and know for certain that there's still far more to do and to see than has already been done or seen.

I love characters that have been around for a real life year or more.  They inevitably have so much depth and so much history.

i like PK's .. and i like to feel that suffering of the victim's player on keyboard whn that's happening.

I like typos.
-Reiloth

i like how some roleplay-sessions can instantly become a dramatic scene from some sweeping, epic movie.  armageddon's like a novel! a film!

that's what's so great about the whole experience.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I like the rinth and being shady.  *hugs it*
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I like the huge amount of people who take the game seriously.  I like games for their narrative qualities, not as a means to access simpler mindless pleasures, and no game can match Armageddon in that arena.

I find Arm to be the most immersive RP environment online.
Amor Fati

QuoteI like Liv Tyler.

Oh great, now everyone knows who Halaster actually is...
-Reiloth

Quote from: "Malifaxis"
QuoteI like Liv Tyler.

Oh great, now everyone knows who Halaster actually is...

So your saying I have had fantasies about Halaster?   :cry: