Tents

Started by Jarod550, January 18, 2006, 10:42:09 PM

I figured that they were that expensive becauase they basically create an indoor room anywhere.  Tents keep the sand, wind, and sun off of you.  (For the price I think it would be great if the flaps would actually be closeable, but hey.)  I don't think they should be quite as expensive as they are IG, but they still shouldn't be astoundingly cheap.

And I do think it would be neat if they would be able to be damaged, or even blow over in a violent sandstorm the way torches can be blown out in high winds.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

There are cheaper tents available.  The commonly available tents are really big, a whole platoon can comfortably nap in one.  That has to be a lot of material, material strong enough to resist a raging sandstorm, enough leather or canvas for several suits of light armor. Those aren't just any poles either.  They have to reasonably light, while at the same time strong and flexible enough to resist breaking or cracking even after years of rough handling.  This is a quality item, practically a portable house.  They are pricy, but not to an unreasonable degree.

Personally, I like having something useful that my character has to save up for a while to buy.

Angela christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

As AC pointed out, we probably need smaller, cheaper tents.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

You missed what AC said, Maybe42or54...there ARE smaller, cheaper tents.  Find them IG.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"You missed what AC said, Maybe42or54...there ARE smaller, cheaper tents.  Find them IG.

I know there are. I just don't want to invent a reason so my pc could go to the ends of the desert to find one such tent.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

You should be able to find a crafter to make you a cheaper, smaller tent.

Of course, tentmaking is one of the very few skills now that still says it is still in progress in the helpfile.  More cheap tents!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: "Twilight"You should be able to find a crafter to make you a cheaper, smaller tent.

Of course, tentmaking is one of the very few skills now that still says it is still in progress in the helpfile.  More cheap tents!

I'd have to come up with an even more far fetched reason to look the world over for a PC crafter.

No, no you just wait around five or six IC years and I am sure you'd see one around!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

what about a shelter skill for rangers and the like? Not as nice as a tent, but keeps you out of a sandstorm? I dunno, just a thought
f you can't say something nice, chances are you'd get the message across better by throwing a rock.

Quote from: "LucidApex"what about a shelter skill for rangers and the like? Not as nice as a tent, but keeps you out of a sandstorm? I dunno, just a thought

What? An ability to create a lean-to or some other makeshift shelter?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.