Quick Question from the newb.

Started by Snapdragon, January 14, 2006, 01:06:12 PM

Ok, I have been going over the help files about the different Guilds and Subguilds.  I have established that hunters are able to make Arrows, but what I want to know is; Does fletching ever branch off into Bow-making.  My Knee-jerk answer would be yes, But I have only been playing for a short time and would not like to be saddly dissapointed.  If anyone can give me the 411 I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much
~SD~
Obscurity is the refuge of the weak.

I don't think that any subguild related skills branch.

Quote from: "Xygax once"Thanks to some work by Nessalin a while back, it -is- now possible for subguild skills to branch. Finding out which subguild skills branch (in any) and when (if ever) is an excercise for the reader.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

How interesting, I never knew. Thanks Gaare!

Quote from: "Snapdragon"Does fletching ever branch off into Bow-making.
It would make sense, if it branched, to branch to that, sure.  Who knows if it branches, though?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Your guild plays a big role in your skill branching.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Your guild and subguild not only play a big role, they play the ONLY role in determining what you branch and how.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Gaare"
Quote from: "Xygax once"Thanks to some work by Nessalin a while back, it -is- now possible for subguild skills to branch. Finding out which subguild skills branch (in any) and when (if ever) is an excercise for the reader.

Wowsers.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Whoah...
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "spawnloser"Your guild and subguild not only play a big role, they play the ONLY role in determining what you branch and how.

Not completely accurate. Some skills, like languages and accents, can be learned by virtually anyone given enough time.
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

I understand language and accents.  But what skills are aquired just from witnessing someone else do it over long enough?  I had always thought to get skills that were not available to your Guild/Subguild you had to Log and Send the request to the appropriate Imm.  Just curious.

~SD~
Obscurity is the refuge of the weak.

Quote from: "Nusku"Not completely accurate. Some skills, like languages and accents, can be learned by virtually anyone given enough time.
Oops...forgot those.  My bad.  I stand corrected.

Quote from: "Snapdragon"I had always thought to get skills that were not available to your Guild/Subguild you had to Log and Send the request to the appropriate Imm.  Just curious.
Yea, that's about it.