resting

Started by Jarod550, January 10, 2006, 01:40:37 AM

Resting, and the amount of stamina/health/stun you get back is affected by environment and how thirsty and hungry you are..

But is it affected by whether you're laying down, (rest, then sit, then rest agian) or is that just a goofy glitch that makes you lay down?

Jarod

While sitting, you regen faster than standing.
While resting, you regen faster than sitting.
While sleeping, you regen faster than resting.

I'm not sure what else to say in response to your question...as I'm not sure what you mean by the last line.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"While sitting, you regen faster than standing.
While resting, you regen faster than sitting.
While sleeping, you regen faster than resting.

I'm not sure what else to say in response to your question...as I'm not sure what you mean by the last line.

If you rest, then sit to break resting, then rest again (with an emote) You lie on the ground and rest

That's what I meant.

Jarod

Codedly there are three positions: stand, sit, and rest. I don't think it matters how you get into any of them. The code is telling you you lie on the ground and rest just because that's the echo you get, I think. Probably to distinguish 'resting' from 'sitting'.

So going from stand to rest, or sit to rest, or stand to sit to sleep to stand to sleep to sit to stand to sit to rest, you'll all end up with the same regen rate at the end.
subdue thread
release thread pit

as far as i know, some events that codedly send you sprawling onto the ground. Not just knocking you off your feet, but actually making your body land with a massive whallop and maybe even a loss of consciousness, all end in you "resting" unless you're unconscious, but when you wake up, you'll be resting.

In short, it's fairly logical to assume that by resting, it means that you're laying down. To lay down you gotta rest, you cant rest sitting down, and you cant lie down without resting. I even tried resting on furniture that allows only sitting, and nope ... it doesnt allow you to rest on them. Though furniture might be different in different places.

There is NO difference between going from standing to resting, or sitting to resting...nor any other combination.  Your end position is the only determining factor in your regen rate, as Jherlen said.  There is no glitch, there are only different echoes based on the position you started from.

...just to make sure this was clear.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.