'stop'

Started by Vesperas, January 08, 2006, 10:38:41 PM

Anyone else out there find the use of 'flee' during training sessions excessively jarring?

When I want to lower my weapon and just stop, I don't think that should be tested against a skill.  Some of you may protest that it's a battle of willpower, but come on... its a spar, and you'll probably be more focused on listening to the insults/guidance your trainer is throwing at you while you move, so you won't be any sort of "bloodlust."  

I'm sure its been suggested before, but could there be a way to simply 'stop fighting'?  

I know this takes all that practice away from the 'escape' skill, but it really isn't fluid.  Do I -really- need to lunge 30 to 50 feet to escape my weaponsmaster? :P

Hell yea. Mean fuckers.
I never thought of it as jarring, just a little too much.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

What would stop people who are in the middle of getting their asses whooped simply stop, and then walk away... You'd have to be able to differentiate between sparring and blood combat..

I like it though, if the world werent filled with twaaannkkss
your mother is an elf.

It'd work like this.

One fighter would type "stop" or whatever, and he would cease to actually attack. He'd still be in combat, but he would only parry and dodge. When the other fighter typed "stop," combat would cease altogether.

Voila.

Would also be a great tool for sparring, when a sergeant's combat skill is so much higher than a recruit that the ass-kicking happens far, far too quickly. And far more quickly than is realistc.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I said this last time:

How would you train flee, then?

Quote from: "Agent_137"I said this last time:

How would you train flee, then?

Come up with combat drills for it.

Isn't that hard, I've done it.

i meant to come off tongue-in-cheek twinkish.

But yea, this stop would be nice to see, except I think the problem is in the difficulty of coding.