The lack of animals in Allanak.

Started by titansfan, January 07, 2006, 03:46:07 PM

I think there should at least be more scrabs or lizards in the area for hunting purposes and that might even cut down the crime rate there because of the increase in killing animals.
           Just a thought, if anyone else thinks this way, please reply.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

There are tons of animals already outside of Tuluk.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Why would anyone want to cut down the crime rate in Allanak?  OCCly I mean.

Not really.

It's a simple predator prey relationship.  The crime rate is directly adjusted by urban predators.  Just because there's more jozhal out there does not mean that Joe Elf Mammy is going to go hunting.  Outside the walls is STILL psychotically dangerous in the IC views of most criminals.  The reason they stay inside the city is because they already know their environment.

They already know their hunting grounds, and what prey is best.  Where to go and how to hide when things go wrong.  Hunting wouldn't do most urbans much good anyway, as they can't skin.  Are they going out there just to kill?

I don't see any criminal being that wasteful.  Any good criminal, at least.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Well, know there are tons of creatures in Tuluk but I really think it would make Allanak much more fun if there were more creatures there.....but like I said just a suggestion. :)

Good point  Malifaxis.

Quote from: "titansfan"Well, know there are tons of creatures in Tuluk but I really think it would make Allanak much more fun if there were more creatures there.....but like I said just a suggestion. :)

The geographical regions that lie close to Allanak has a lot of animals, but they are not the kind you would want to take out by yourself or without experience. Some of the animals make good prey, but you have to spend a lot of time looking for them.

Hunting isn't all about taking down beast and skinning them. There are a lot of other ways that you could put your ranger to use, but I'll leave that for you to figure out. Whatever it is that you intend on doing, I wish you the best of luck and hope you don't pay the mantis head a visit while playing.

Also, we are not worried about the crime rate. Crime is a good part of the game - Like it or not. If there is a crime situation that needs to be dealt with, report it to the right peoople. There are IC means of dealing with such things :twisted:.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.