I hate Dwarves

Started by Dwarf Racist, January 05, 2006, 09:55:00 AM

Quote from: "Anonymous"Maybe I will get around to playing a dwarf one of these days and setting the example of how I think they should be played well.  Maybe right some good info on them or something.  But their RP does seem either very limited or very excusable.

You know, you'd be amazed at how poorly complaining about dwarves and refusing to play them will prepare you for role-playing a dwarf well.

Role-playing a dwarf is one of the greatest challenges in Armageddon.  If you want to try it, then the only way to succeed is to try it, screw up constantly, reread the role-play documentation like you love it, play another after your first one dies, and then finally after a long while, you MIGHT start to get it.

For all of you who think that the standard of dwarven role-play is too low, while you may be right, I humbly suggest that you (hush) up and play one.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"
Quote from: "Anonymous"Maybe I will get around to playing a dwarf one of these days and setting the example of how I think they should be played well.  Maybe right some good info on them or something.  But their RP does seem either very limited or very excusable.

You know, you'd be amazed at how poorly complaining about dwarves and refusing to play them will prepare you for role-playing a dwarf well.

Role-playing a dwarf is one of the greatest challenges in Armageddon.  If you want to try it, then the only way to succeed is to try it, screw up constantly, reread the role-play documentation like you love it, play another after your first one dies, and then finally after a long while, you MIGHT start to get it.

For all of you who think that the standard of dwarven role-play is too low, while you may be right, I humbly suggest that you (hush) up and play one.

I agree.

I've only played three dwarven pcs in the time I've been playing Arm. I think I did pretty average with my first and my second I think that I did a great job of. (If I don't mind saying so myself.) Third was pretty good but I had issues with my focus trapping me into a boring situation that I couldn't get out of  without going OOC. I ended up storing it.

With dwarves, you need to carefully choose your focus. Take the time to think about how entertaining it will be for you and the other players interacting with the pc. Take into consideration the possible pitfalls from an OOC standpoint before choosing one as well. Make sure that your chosen focus is something you can enjoy as a player while sticking to it ICly at the same time.
You don't want to be stuck with your only option of enjoying the character being to go OOC.
When I got into that situation, I chose to store the character rather than go out of character.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D