39 (31.5%)
6-12 RL months
23 (18.5%)
more than one RL year
26 (21%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Voting closed: January 01, 2006, 01:33:42 AM

So close to 2 RL years.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

*hehe* this somehow seems very strange.

people all seem to live 7 month, 2 years, one and a half year ...

but when i look at the player population, i rarely see someone around longer than 2 month ?

strange, aint it ?

Quote*hehe* this somehow seems very strange.

people all seem to live 7 month, 2 years, one and a half year ...

but when i look at the player population, i rarely see someone around longer than 2 month ?

strange, aint it ?

The keyword in the title of that poll is 'average.'

Semper Pax,

Dirr

Most of my PC's range about 10-20 days before some really stupid death. My oldest was 57 days and I hope my current will live longer, but.. Who knows.

I go through about one new PC ever 6 months.  Sometimes 2.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

The people that use the GDB are not always the same as those who play the game.

The longer lived characters are usually the nobles, merchants, aides, and other city type pc's. Many many of the pc's you will see are the hunters and grunts that do have a high turnover rate, and some of them are the pc's of players who enjoy playing rough and tumble and albeit short lived pc's. There are also players who aren't into the pk/hunting and so tend to live longer.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

My longest lived characters have lived so long that all the little 10-15 day characters have no impact on my average lifespan.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

My characters tend to live for about as long as I expect them to.

And they're almost all combatty, so that equates to anywhere from a week to six months. At least for me.
Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on June 30, 2007, 05:39:36 AM
>necksnap amos

You try and snap the tall, muscular man's neck but fumble and snap your own!

Welcome to Armageddon!  '(mantishead)

Some of these people are saying they have two RL year old characters and it looks like they've only been on this board for a few RL months.  :wink:  Anyway, my longest lived character is actually still alive ,so we'll see where that takes me, but I think anything over 15 days playtime is just enough time for me to really get to know my character.   I'd say 20 days is enough time for me to begin to establish some solid friends.  30 days playtime and about 6 years IG time is about enough time for me to make an impact on zalanthas.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

My 3 chars have lasted for lets see...um 3 hours.....um 4 days and my one still alive has lasted for 2 rl months I think so Im proud of  him and myself but its nothing compared to what other people get.

I'm on my second character at the moment.  The first one lasted about 1 week and died to bad water.  The second one has lasted about 3 months so far and is going strong.  Hoping for him to live to a ripe old age :wink:

P.L.U.R.
~SD~
Obscurity is the refuge of the weak.

Not many of my characters live very long at all. Probably because they are all combative. My merchant characters tend to get stored due to boredom.

I don't care what you all say, 240 hours is a LOT of time to sink into a single character. If I think of all the stuff I -could- have done instead of playing Arm for 10 cumulative days, I start to get depressed. Then I remember that I wouldn't be having as much fun and I perk up a bit.  :)
Fear not death, for it is your destiny.