More mad props for the HG's

Started by IAmJacksOpinion, December 27, 2005, 05:59:09 PM

What prevents HGs from training against each other? Presumably they can take some whopping blows as well as hand them out.

Quote from: "Anonymous"What prevents HGs from training against each other? Presumably they can take some whopping blows as well as hand them out.

Usually the lack of other half-giants.

If you've ever dealt with LoD's philosohies (or any reasonably minded survivalist).. you don't mess with half giants..

Unless your desert elf's bow skill is -very- high and the giant is stuck on foot in rough terrain.

Typically the type of characters and players behind them who think lightly of getting into physical relations with a half giant are of the same breed that can convince their characters that it's a good idea to hunt bahamet or other very large creatures solo or in pairs, because the reward is somehow 'worth' it.

Having seen some tough half giants in my day, I do not think they are underpowered.

Hot_Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Being recently involved with half giants I don't think the issue is really with their inability to be deadly at all.

I think it's when you see that dwarf land three hits to a giant's head head.

I mean, what does the giant do?

emote charges after dwarf, dragging his face along the ground as he attacks putting his head and not his knee within reach of ~dwarf

I don't think a giant should be able to take a melee hit above the body unless they have been knocked over or are sitting/laying.

Secondly, parry is disgusting. I mean, two handed hammer vs. skilled elf means shit to me when he parries seven times in a row.

I would like to see parry be pretty well negated against HG's, or at least severely disadvantaged.

After that, I think it's actually very realistic to have a much faster opponent running around a giant, darting between legs, doing what they can to dodge and avoid and doing so effectively.

Giant's shouldn't be able to hit stuff very easily.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"Well, they're a three karma race. Not all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Everyone I know who has three charma is a sweet RPer, and three charma is actually pretty good on grand scheme of things.

Actually, I haven't run into a half-giant I didn't think was played well.  Just because something's not your interpretation doesn't mean it's a bad one.  That's what makes this game great.

Edit:

This thread reminds me of the time I saw a newbie, in the middle of a 7 PC event, try to give a templar advise about how to play Armageddon OOCly.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Bah, halfgiants are wasted in combat roles.  

The natural job of the halfgiant is as a forager!  Given a big enough bag, these guys can haul enough rocks to open their own rock shop!  Most would-be raiders will think twice about trying to steal his haul too.  

They are also under-valued as merchants.  Ok, very few halfgiants can hold more than three things in their inventory at a time (which is dumb) so they won't be doing the fanciest recipies, and they learn slowly so it will take a long, long, long, time to learn wagonmaking, but in the meantime, damn, a halfgiant merchant can carry around more merchandise than many NPC run shops keep in stock!  A halfgiant stone worker has the potential to blow away the competition.  I had a human stone crafter a long time ago, her strength wasn't great so she had a big problem with stock flow since keeping even a few finished items in her pack for potential PC customers tended to kill her stamina -- that's one problem a halfgiant wouldn't face.  Of course a halfgiant merchant would have the problem of being demonstratibly stupid, but not so stupid that she starves to death because she keeps selling diamond rings for 10 'sid.  If she doesn't take the bait of every half-asses con man in town someone is bound to complain that she is being played "too smart".  Hmm.

Halfgiant burglars are a little goofy, but if someone is going to steal all your furniture it makes more sense for it to be a giant than an elf.

Halfgiant pickpockets . . . meh, why bother?  Halfgiants should get a new command:  "shake".  After successfully subduing the target the halfgiant can hold them upside-down and shake them, causing random objects from the inventory and pockets to fall on the ground.  :)

There should be more to half-giants than just combat monsters.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

There are!

There are half-giant strippers.

There is a sight to behold with wide eyes.

Quote from: "marko"There are!

There are half-giant strippers.

There is a sight to behold with wide eyes.

Imagine THAT lap dance

Jarod