Raise hood

Started by Maybe42or54, December 17, 2005, 12:22:02 AM

How hard would it be to code so that when the winds are a blowing, at near flesh stripping speeds, all NPCs in that zone would raise their hood?

Then when it slows down, they lower their hood?

Sounds like it takes up space, but it would bring the world a little more to life.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I LIKE IT TOO

That would be spiffy. But then we'd have to actually give NPCs hoods. Don't you know how lazy we are?  :lol:
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

The thing you have to think about is why are all these people staying outside during horrible weather. And another thing is what exactly is a hood going to do in a windy situation but get blown off? Really hoods aren't even all that useful for weather realistically. Perhaps rain.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Hoods keep you warm, hoods can keep you dry, hoods can keep the sun out of your eyes, hoods can be used to carry things, hoods can be used to make yourself look like a gangster and therfore intimidating etc etc...
And unless you were walking into the wind (in which case I agree with RM) the hood should stay up and prevent the back of your head/hair being attacked by a massive army of nasty sand beings with miniature obsidian tridents.

Plus, I don't see why you couldn't just roleplay out tying your hood on with some sort of string or toggle.

Edited to add: Er yeah, good idea.
your mother is an elf.