Smelling Salts not working?

Started by Scarborough, December 15, 2005, 02:10:14 PM

I wasn't going to ask this question, but today I changed my mind.  It's been niggling me.  Can smelling salts lose their effectiveness?  Or can a character become immune to their effects?   Or maybe my character's "passing out skill" is at such a high percentage that nothing will wake my character anymore?  ;)  Seriously though, a little insight would be super, if this isn't considered too much IC info.
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

It has a lot to do with how far in the negatives your stun is, I believe.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Smelling salts do evetually wear out.

This was with a brand new smelling salt.  I saw the "pungeant smell" message, but with no effect.  The other day I couldn't have been too far into the negatives...considering how my stun points drop when I "suffer from use of the Way" I was probably only -2 or -3 as a guestimate, and the salts didn't work.  

Thanks for the info so far. :)
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

The mechanics are a mystery, but I have, on occassion, had to waggle the vial two or three times under someone's nose to finally get them to come around.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

*chuckles*  That too was done.  Each time I've passed out, the salts, complete with the "odor" message, have been applied three to four times with no success.  Maybe my character really is some kind of weird anomoly!

Simple.  He's been stunned so many times now that he's partially brain-dead. :)

Quote from: "Vesperas"Simple.  He's been stunned so many times now that he's partially brain-dead. :)

So if it didn't work at all, it means my character's brain was -all- eaten by Naiona?  :shock:

Naiona loves dem brains.  :)

I've had a char who was knocked out in hand to hand.  0 stun.  Two vials of smelling salts, I believe, neither having an effect.  Seen another character, similar situation.

I find it interesting that it is not a guaranteed solution.  Makes you think all the more about making sure your character's mind doesn't go numb.

Smelling salts have a limited number of uses before they won't work anymore, as well.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]