The Way and losing link.

Started by I, December 07, 2005, 11:48:21 PM

Should you be able to tell through the Way?

Yes.
21 (80.8%)
No.
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 07, 2005, 11:48:21 PM

So you know when you are in a room and you get disconnected, everybody sees "The man has lost link." I think that if you were in contact with a person or they contact you, if they would also see it,  so that they dont psi you with stuff and then bitch at you for missing it because they didn't know you had gotten disconnected. It would basically be the same thing, "The man lost link." and then "Has reconnected"
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

I would like to see something like this, nothing sucks more to learn you got dc'd on your wireless (so you don't know right away) Then 2 minutes later when you find out you have been dc'd and you reconnect you never knew there was a psi for you that said watch out someone put poison in your kaf
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Yes. Very yes.
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

I once got a message when I tried talking to a linkdead PC through the way, something like "I'm sorry, but the mind you are trying to reach is unavailable at the moment."
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I've occasionally been informed by the staff that the person I was in conversation with went linkless, or was linkless when I contacted them (i can't remember which).  But for people who lose like -after- you've contacted them, I'd appreciate an auto-response along the lines of what happens when you're in the room with someone.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Sounds like something the gone code could handle. If the character is link-dead, trying to contact or psi him results in '<x> is gone braindead.' or something similar.
Lunch makes me happy.

An automatic response would be grand.  "You sense your telepathic message has been somehow interrupted."  Or whatever.

I would keep the message simple.  So that it isn't confused with any IC circumstances.

Just the normal message you get when you're in the room with someone.

Or, perhaps, something like "The fat hairy inix has lost his/her mental link."