Warrior and Assassins

Started by Salt Merchant, December 04, 2005, 11:30:26 PM

I've been devoting a little thought to the way these two classes kill.

I don't see warriors as merely beefy buffoons that indiscriminately beat their opponents down by sheer strength and endurance alone. A trained warrior is highly skilled at striking at a foe's weak spots, as anyone who's been on the receiving end of a well-placed blow to the neck or wrist can attest. He knows that a blade through the heart or slashing through a major artery will mean victory.

The difference between the warrior and the assassin is that the warrior's foe is actively defending himself. There's nothing magical about an assassin's backstab; he also knows where to strike but has the advantage of surprising his prey. That's where the difference is. When a warrior attacks a subdued or helpless opponent, this effect is seen as well.
Lunch makes me happy.

Sounds about right, but of course they both use different methods to achieve their goals.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

There are few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]