Jail Brawl

Started by Cale_Knight, December 04, 2005, 09:49:24 PM

a) If it's not possible already, there should be brawl code enabled in jail cells.

b) It should have a whole unique set of success/failure messages that involve smashing people over the head with manacles, choking them with chains, smashing them into the door, and so on and on.

This is an awesome idea. You love this idea. You want this idea imped immediately.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"
This is an awesome idea. You love this idea. You want this idea imped immediately.

This is an awesome idea. I love this idea. I want this idea imped immediately.

:twisted:
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I don't.

Jail cells are bare.

They don't have chains, manacles, and if you break the door, they kill you.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Didn't realize the cells are bare. I suppose that would cut way down on the potential of this idea.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Nothing stopping you from using the two meaty weapons of death and despair you call bare hands.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

I don't think this'd be a good fit. Nakki cells shouldn't be places where you can merrily brawl your jail time away while the guards outside permit a mini-riot to occur. Its not tolerated on the streets so why allow it in a cell where you could be brought into because you punched somebody on the streets? Doesn't seem right to me. If somebody's in jail they're there for a reason and it may be that some templar will want to have a little chat with them. I don't think the templar would be pleased if, after arriving, they found their suspect battered on the ground by you. Beat up my suspect would you? Guards, show him a real beating. Said templar might well get annoyed with the jail guards for not keeping things peaceful and wasting their precious time and no guard wants a templar mad at them if they have any sense at all. Lastly, the militia aren't allowed to beat the crap out of prisoners without the go-ahead from the templarate. Giving jail birds the right to brawl just doesn't fit very well with the way violence is strictly controlled inside the cells in my opinion. If I was in a Nakki cell the only things I'd be doing would be praying hard that no templar came around, thinking of anything I have of value in case one did and making myself as inobtrusive as possible in order to get as little attention as possible and hopefully walk out all in one piece.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

I would like this idea, as it would sort of relieve the tedium of solo-emoting for twenty minutes, getting tired of it, and idling until it was time to leave the cell. But, I've never been in the cells with another PC unless they were torturing or killing me...

That said, I doubt the Nakki militia would give half a shit about what went on inside their cells. Two rinth-rats want to beat each other to death? Fuck 'em. It just means they don't have to provide them with their bite o' stale bread tomorrow. And I doubt the Templarate are questioning eery halfwit and pickpocket that gets thrown in.

But, I would rather have other things. I agree with Socko. Use your fists, or just emote the scrap. Just as fun.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I could see it as going either way with different jail cells...

Kuraci cells?  Definitely pro-brawl.

Naki cells... I could see it getting broken up, or being bet on by the guards.

Tuluk cells... probably wouldn't fly.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I dont want to see this just because I dont want to be the poor fella thrown into a cell with the two sex starved mul thugs that just got thrown in for a drunken brawl at the gaj.

(I actually had a character a militia member threatened to do this to lol)

Nah. Definately not something that needs imped. Not only do you rarely ever get into a cell with someone else, but there's always the kill command. Why implement code for a fist beating, when it's already been done? You don't have weapons in a jail cell. They're taken away. This leaves you with no option but to fist fight.

The way I thnk the jails should work, if two people are thrown in the can, they should both be put in the same cell. Saves room just in case a huge brawl breaks out, AND it gives you a way to pass time (I've had jail sentences that lasted an hour and a half. That's one hell of a sit by one's self!) If one cell mate knocks the other out (lowers all their stun) the combat stops. If they feel like killing their cell mate, the guards rush in and seperate the pair before someone dies because they were thrown in the same cell as the bynner they punched and had nowhere to flee.

This gives a good way to pass time in prison, and no player death can result from it. Makes sense though. Throw all the unprocessed prisoners in a large communal cell. If a templar wants to question them, drag them out one at a time to a smaller interogation cell.

Hell, maybe we even need an emaciatedly thin NPC chained to the wall saying random stuff like:
"The best thing the templarate has ever done for us was death in the arena."
or
"Yeah. On my birthday they hang me rightside up for a few hours"
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!