Nominations for statues in Allanak

Started by Salt Merchant, November 25, 2005, 04:32:11 PM

So, old timers, let's put our heads together and collectively decide whose long-past bad-ass templar or noble deserves to be immortalized with a statue in Allanak (and where it should be placed).

No current or recent names, please (i.e. within living characters' memory... say two years RL). Those can be handled by master stonecarvers.

To start the list, I nominate:

Lady Elaira Fale of the Blue
Lord Ihsahn (Kasix) of the Red
Lunch makes me happy.

Lord Prian Borsail
Warlord Iakovitzes Tor
Warlady Marie Tor

If you're counting currently living NPC's...which I think you should...most senators/house heads should be considered.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Warlord Iakovitz.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Though most of these characters are well-played, they aren't all particularly famous or historic.

We already have enough popularity contest threads that we don't necessarily need a new one.
Back from a long retirement

Elaira Fale was definitely historic. So was Ihsahn for his involvement in the north-south war, if nothing else (although I'd argue becoming a red robe is sufficient in itself). Both are mentioned in the main Zalanthanian history document.

Let's add the red robes Sathis Valika and Aquila Nenyuk for the same reason.

I didn't include Hathor because he already has a street named after him.

A couple of statues based on popularity won't hurt either. Notable personalities often get remembered more than uncharismatic achievers.
Lunch makes me happy.

I posted on a similar thread in Submissions to remind you that many of these templars are already immortalized in statues around Nak.  Most of these characters are extremely old.  For history's sake, and to avoid redundancy in future posts, they are:

Garrick Kasix
Aquila Nenyuk
Sathis Valika
Malos Tor
Hathor
Faust Valika

See if you can find them.  Although I said I was opposed to new modern statues until another templar PC proves himself legendary, if you make a case for a long-dead famous templar that is not in this list, I'll consider it.  These are all red robes and only red robe statues will go up.  

Dyrinis

Didn't know him, but Kishime seems to be in all the popularity threads.  How many of that list were PCs Dyrinis?

Uh...Iakovitzes did have some amount of involvement in assaults on the north, as I recall.  Could be mistaken.

I played a slave of Aquila's, and I was very young as a player of arm at that point.  I can't even remember what she did that made her so vastly better than the other listings?  Sathis?

Maybe this kind of lack of knowledge could become a documentation page, or an addition to the 'what you know as a commoner' page that tells a basic rundown of what some 'famous' people out of the history of the known world accomplished, according to what they're told?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Kishime was a blue-robed templar and wouldn't qualify into being statue-atized.

I've never known any PC red robes, so this is all I can contribute to this thread.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

We haven't had any PC Red Robes in a few years.  It is REALLY hard to make Red as a PC.  There have been a few who have come very close, including one who was literally killed the same day he would have made it , but none has survived the process in the past few years yet.

Note- Some of the Red Robes mentioned above were PCs.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Red Robes that might stand for a mention :

Octavian Meleth
Garrick the Red (I don't remember his House name)
Boopsiefiel Borsail

Proxie
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

Quote from: "proxie"
Octavian Meleth
Garrick the Red (I don't remember his House name)
Boopsiefiel Borsail

Of the three you mentioned, Garrick already has a statue (see Dyrinis's post above.)  The other two were contemporaries of Garrick and if they don't have statues, I'm sure it's not because they were overlooked.
We all become what we pretend to be.  -Rothfuss

Sathis and Aquila were both statue-ized because of their involvement in the north-south war.  Remember WHO is making the statues - the city-state.  So while you may not have heard of Aquila, for instance, she was quite important in the eyes of Those Who Are In Charge Of Building Statues (TWAICOBS).

And I believe that nearly all those Dyrinis listed were PC's (not sure about 2 of them).
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev