Bot spam

Started by Ghost, November 24, 2005, 10:23:33 PM

Er..  Just a thought about something that I do not know much about...

Recently, we have been getting some Bots registering into GDB.  Well, why don't we put one of those pictures with weird characters that needs to be confirmed and prevents automatic edge detection?  I think that could stop bots, could it not?  Though well.. My knowledge about such stuff is not really reliable.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Because I hate those god damn verification numbers.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

First of all, allow me to express my distaste for this post. I sincerely believed this topic would be about some sort of overly-processed canned meat made from robots, and you lied to me.

Regardless, I don't think they are hurting anyone and I suggest we manipulate the GDB statistics to promote the mud somehow. Eg: Each day we have five new people join, come play armageddon, no pants required.
ar is not about who is right, but who is left.

http://tinyurl.com/8tenr

Now don't bother to register that site, but just  it's verification...click the one thats the same.

That wouldn't be a nuisance.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Cegar"Because I hate those god damn verification numbers.
Unless your browser doesn't keep cookies for whatever reason what would the major problem be having to enter in a verification code every few weeks?

It would only have to be once: when you first make your account.

And whenever you post anonymously.  So just...don't post anonymously.  Unless you have to, but that should be rare anyway and worth the effort to keep the bots off.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]