Enslavement

Started by shanahan, November 23, 2005, 07:10:36 PM

If I did go around wrangling up both PCs and NPCs from all over the world where would I go to sell them? I have been looking for some time and I can't find a place in Allanak, the supposed haven for slavery.  I always figured there was just a slave broker around that you could sell to at a highly reduced price who would then in turn sell them to PCs or NPCs making a profit.

If there is one, where, and if there isn't, why isn't on added?

Also, I don't need consent to enslave someone right?  For example, if I was wandering in the Grey Forest and I ran across a Halfling Warrior and before he could flee I managed to wrestle him down and capture him.  I carry him all the way to Allanak *I know, a long, long journey* and sell him for like 1000 sid (he would make one hell of a fetching in the arena).

There are coded slave pens in Allanak, I would suggest taking another look. Walk around all the Roads and you might eventually find one with Slaves on it.

Keep in mind that in both major cities, there are already noble Houses which handle the capture and sale of slaves. These Houses might be good sources of employment if you're interested in being a slaver, but they also would probably not like someone trying to conduct freelance enslavement of their own.

And if you're seriously going to try and wander into the Grey Forest and wrestle with a halfling, good luck. I suggest smothering yourself in barbeque sauce or kank honey first, the halflings always appreciate tasty meals.  :twisted:

Coordinate with the Immortals and have a client lined up before getting anything.  It would suck to capture, say a gith when top dollar would have been something else.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Err, I think halflings make questionable slaves.  They might make good Arena fodder, but I really wouldn't want one to serve my noble wine.

As to your question, there are PCs that deal in the slave trade.  I think it is safe to say that it is common knowledge that House Borsail is in charge of slave trading in Allanak.  If there is a way for an individual to sell off slaves in Allanak, it would be through House Borsail.  Just find yourself a PC that works for them and ask your questions.  For things like halfings that would be used for arena fodder, I think it would be common knowledge that the templerate would be the people to talk to.

And PCs who if they learn might drop a few large on your head for fun :)

Quote from: "Rindan"Err, I think halflings make questionable slaves.  They might make good Arena fodder, but I really wouldn't want one to serve my noble wine.

As to your question, there are PCs that deal in the slave trade.  I think it is safe to say that it is common knowledge that House Borsail is in charge of slave trading in Allanak.  If there is a way for an individual to sell off slaves in Allanak, it would be through House Borsail.  Just find yourself a PC that works for them and ask your questions.  For things like halfings that would be used for arena fodder, I think it would be common knowledge that the templerate would be the people to talk to.
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

Quote from: "In documents"Bands of slavers operate throughout the world, enslaving those who are too weak to defend themselves, or too stupid to avoid being captured.

There are enslavement bands roaming in wilderness. On the other hand, if I am not mistaken, all of those are somewhat related to Noble Houses (Borsail, Kasix in 'nak or Winrothol for Tuluk). Unless of course, captured slaves would be used in somewhere private out of cities.

To original poster's question. As a casual commoner, nevertheless owning a slave usually passes across by a Templar or a House.  Surely, there are a lots of possible IC details, that should be find out IG and changes from templar to templar.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT