How do i even play armageddon??

Started by ummm, November 22, 2005, 04:27:34 PM

Im a new person at this game and i dont know how to log on because i dont see a register or login button or a play button so how do i acutlly play? :?

Oh boy! It's rather complicated, but really fun once you get the hang of it.

For person to person walkthrough, talk to the helpers.

you can find their info here:

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html

if you want to do it on your own, read all the links on this page:
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/

it's got everything you need to be shown how to play, but it's not really in order.

I'm working on putting it all in order, but it's a few weeks away.

good luck!

here's my walkthrough:

http://www.robertpate.net/somethingspecialforyou/arma-steps.htm

It's a mess after the first few steps, so don't freak out. Also, it's incomplete. but the first few steps are helpful. So just use it until it gets confusing.

You are really best off adding the helpers to your buddy list and having them help you, but it's up to you.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NEW PLAYERS.  My most favorite thing ever.  You look at those helpers, buddy.  See you in the game.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Also, you can try the web browser client... Click on the link on the armageddon home page (or just use this one here). This is alright for the start, afterwards you should look for a real client, something nicer to play on.

Good luck!
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Arm has a web-based java client, which I think is what you're asking about. But it's extremely limited (as most web-based java clients are).

Armageddon is a telnet text game, so you'd need some kind of telnet client (unless you want to try the java client). Telnet itself, or zmud, mushclient, wintin, gmud, etc. etc. Telnet is resident in your hard drive, the others you'd have to download. If you have tinyfugue you can use that too but I don't know if you can download that anymore, I heard its designers stopped supporting it a few years ago. Someone else can post if that's true or not. A google search will find what you need for ya.

Once you have a client, configure it (usually by creating a "new world" on the client's menu bar) to open ginka.armageddon.org at port 4050. Don't include the www since you're not accessing the Web, you're accessing a server.

From there, connect to Arm, submit your request to play using a valid e-mail address. You'll get an auto-response usually within an hour or so saying you can now create a character, and a reminder to read the docs (definitely read them).

Then connect again and go through the process of creating a new character. When you're done, be SURE to *log out* of the game, don't simply click the "x" button on the top right of the client. Within 24 hours (give or take) you'll get an e-mail letting you know if the character was approved. If it wasn't approved you should see a reason - it might be your main description needing sprucing up (a bearded dwarf with a long ponytail should get rejected since dwarves in Arm are bald), or the background showing something entirely out of genre (that bearded dwarf who grew up near the ocean and wants to sail the sea, since there is no ocean in Arm).

Once your character is approved, you're all set and can actually start playing. Average time from account request to character approval, assuming you jump right in - around 15 hours total. Can be as soon as an hour. Depends mostly on staff availability, but also on whether or not your character application is amazingly awesome or needs lots of work, or is "iffy" and needs further examination before approving/rejecting.

how you learn is by reading the docs which can take some time.

trust me you got to read them, I was lazy and didn't boy did I die fast.

I think I went threw 10 chars before I learned the basics of the game.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I would also look at some of the examples of good rp in the docs, they can point you in the right direction. Another hint might be to not say too much until you know what to say ig.

If all else fails, just Bestatte.
ar is not about who is right, but who is left.

Hey welcome to Armageddon ^_^ it's kind of complicated at first but don't give up.  All those people were right about cilcking those help files there isa ton of information you just gotta look around even on the main page.  To actually make a character if you click on the web-browser client on the link then enter zalanthas, that is how you get started "in-game."

www.armageddon.org/client

Try that if you actually want to jump right in but do read a bit first so you have an idea of how to even make a good character.