Weighing the Question.

Started by Sephiroto, October 27, 2005, 05:25:38 PM

What is the smallest divison of weight in the game?  1/10th of a stone?
I ask this because small things add up.  While I agree that 1/10th of a stone isn't much weight I still think that it is far too much weight for some items to weigh.  Ie. feathers, bandanas, and certain crafting materials that are small and/or light.  Does anyone agree?

I believe 1/10 of a stone is the smallest things can weigh IG.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

does having dust or blood or sweat-stains make your clothes heavier?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I don't think so.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Zero.

At one point everything was in 1 stone increments, and some really light things had weights of zero.  Then they changed it so increments were in a tenth of a stone.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

So we have normal measurements in increments of .1stone no weight at all ( 0 ) ?  Or is it all in .1 stone increments?  In that case 50 feathers at .1 stone each weights 5 stone (11 lbs for the Americans.)

I don't think feathers weigh anything.

Which is why I can fill a small bag with over 400, then find out I put those damn things in the wrong container.

It's a single-precision IEEE floating point number.  We may have limitations in some spots that truncate to (perhaps?) 2 decimal places.  But I don't think so.

-- X