Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: October 26, 2005, 10:20:07 PM

good idea or bad idea?

shot your vote and Opinion

I think the old city would be nice to have again. I would like to see the place
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I will own steinal.. woot.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

I voted "start digging", by which I meant that if a feasible IC explanation for why a city that has been lost for several hundred years should suddenly resurface with people interested in living it, sure, why not?
But for all intents and purposes, no.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I'd rather see Tuluk get destroyed, unfortunately too much time has gone into the city and no matter how IC it can get, I doubt it will ever happen. Sigh.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "RunningMountain"I'd rather see Tuluk get destroyed, unfortunately too much time has gone into the city and no matter how IC it can get, I doubt it will ever happen. Sigh.
I'm not sure how this follows (in fact, I'm confident that it doesn't follow).  The old Tuluk was a beautiful, well-crafted city-state with a long in-game and documented history, and it was destroyed because of IC events.

I'm don't feel that the staff has ever proven to be resistant to IC, player-driven change, unless the end-result was deemed genuinely catastrophic to the OOC environment of the MUD, regardless of how much effort has gone in to any project.

-- X

You are right. The dwarves couldn't do it, so Tuluk, with your same amount of people, come take Allanak down.

*grabs an obsidian pitchfork*
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

If you want to bring Steinal back, start digging boyo.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I voted "bad idea" 'cause we KNOW why it's gone.  And since the Highlord is ALWAYS right, it's going to STAY gone.

That mistake up north?  We'll fix that soon enough, as well.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

It's not gone, just burried.  They could have become zombies or molemen.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "moab"I voted "bad idea" 'cause we KNOW why it's gone.  And since the Highlord is ALWAYS right, it's going to STAY gone.

That mistake up north?  We'll fix that soon enough, as well.

bring it southy scum!!!!!!!!

jk
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

What's Steinal?   :oops:
he machinery of government is always subordinate to the will of those who administer that machinery. The most important element of government, therefore, is the method of choosing leaders.

Given the history and rumors and despite the dangerous location it wouldn't be unfeasible that an encampment or village might've been started around its location.  If it were though I'd imagine it'd be a fairly dangerous place, with little to no organized safety or laws.  There are plenty of folks from other burned out villages that could've added to their number over the years who have a common bond or reason for sticking together ...

- HK
- HK

Quote from: "moab"That mistake up north? We'll fix that soon enough, as well.

Words of wisdom.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I say start digging.  Having it come back by some unexplained way might make for some weird RP.  But it'd be even better for an excursion team to try and find it.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

QuoteBut it'd be even better for an excursion team to try and find it.

I smell an incredibly cheesey RPT coming on here.

An excursion team is charged with uncovering an ancient city believed to be long dead, buried somewhere beneath the Salt Flats. But when they get there they descover an ancient society more horrifying than anything they could possibly imagine. Now, they must work together and use their wits if they want to escape alive.

I can't count how many times I've seen that movie.

I'll pay pal anybody who can get me a log that looks kinda like Alien Vs. Predator.

I don't know enough to make a decision. If there's evil were-rat guys down there or something, sure bring it alive so that I can smite them. It'll be fun. However, if it's just an empty carcass of the past, leave it for the saltworms.
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!

First of all, Steinal is in the middle of the salt flats, quite dangerous. Second of all, wasn't it run by a sorceror named something along the lines of Valasirus. So I tell you what, you bring the all powerful sorceror who has enough power to threaten Tektolones, and I'll bring the shovels.

P.S. Why split up the playerbase anymore than it already is?

P.P.S. Come take Tuluk if you want, its not like 'Nakkis have brains anyway so Lirathens aren't able to defend the city.
ar is not about who is right, but who is left.

Oh we're coming for Tuluk, yes indeed.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Are you sure Stienal doesnt still exist in some shape or form, just everyone who finds it dies a horrible death?  :wink:

Edit: I actually have no idea. But I suspect it is Halaster's secret kingdom, where he rules over the dead zombified bodies of all the PCs he ever killed.

As far as I know everyone's free to try to find Steinal, their minds filled with dreams of bronze, copper, silver, magickal artifacts and beautiful zombified women/handsome and muscular zombified man.
Everyone's also free to type 'hit mekillot/horror/bahamet' too. ;)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]