Makes me mad........

Started by Angry kank, October 22, 2005, 12:50:09 PM

The only reason that those other MUD's on TMS have so many players is because they dont have to roleplay. They dont appreciate the aspect of being afraid for your character because you invested so much time and energy into it. They dont appreciate how it feels to be confronted by a templar, thinking he will torture ur character to death. They simply aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the roleplay. Those other games dont have consequences to their actions. Most of them PKing is banned!!!!! It makes me mad that they dont appreciate the roleplaying aspect of it. They think of games as stupid get your character strong  with skills and kill as many people as you can. This "game is more like a work of art.

Because they don't have to roleplay?  Maybe in part.  I think it simply happens to be that Armageddon caters to a niche environment and a very specific kind of player.  Other games (and yes, Armageddon is a -game-) cater to a far broader spectrum of tastes, so it's only natural that more people are drawn to them.  Why -would- the average person appreciate being fearful of everything they've put into a character, and appreciate the possibility that they may lose every bit of accumulated effort with absolutely no fair chance to avoid it?  It's not a level of sophistication that's required -- that's common art-snobbery, and you see it with music as well -- it's that they have different tastes.  You can hardly fairly get upset at someone because they don't like the same things you do.  

Games are for having fun, period.  If Armageddon isn't fun to them, why should they play it?  If what they want -is- to build up a strong character and kill people, then they certainly belong in that kind of environment, and it's not something I'd call them stupid or unappreciative for.

As an aside, this is the General Discussion forum, which is dedicated to discussion about -our- game.  More specifically, it's not for flaming the players of -other- games, and though your level of zeal does have a form of merit for loyalty, this may not be the best way to express it.

It's just a difference of taste. RPI mudding -does- take a great deal of time and energy and quite frankly, not many people have that kind of time and energy to devote to it. So, if they like to be able to log on a HnS mud and entertain themselves for a few minutes everyday then let them. Armageddon holds a good, solid spot on the rankings and I think that the player population will continue to increase slowly. We don't need to bash the other muds to win  8)
..and the puppet explodes.

maybe not, but i still maintain for my own sake that all the other non RPI muds blow.

Sad truth is, some people don't like to roleplay.  Was playing Medievia once, and people were saying how roleplay sucked, and the "nerds" who wanted to do that should go do it somewhere else.  Sorta struck me that roleplayers are called nerds, but all those people who are going out to the newest zone to kill  the black dragon of doom for his +25 mana and +4 damroll sword of ultimate magic are not called that.

So we're just catering to that niche of 80 or 90 people, and I think it's good the way it is.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

i think there are lots of people out there who don't know that they actually enjoy roleplaying. Or maybe they know they enjoy it, but they don't call it that, or they've never tried our little form of it here.

writers? actors? D&D players?

Vin Diesel plays D&D.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

It makes me mad that people are allowed to post as anonymous kanks.

I think the first legend nailed it pretty well. Not much to add.
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu

If someone could get Vin Diesel to play Armageddon, I'd...well, I'd be very happy.

In a voice you find completely sexy, the extremely hot, bald man says, in sirihish:
"Hi there."

You ooc:
"Please don't make assumptions about what my character would think of your voice."

The extremely hot, bald man says, ooc:
"It's okay. I'm Vin Diesel."

> remove all
> emote throws herself naked against ~vin in the middle of the tavern.

Could we get him? Please?

I respect him because he plays D&D.

However, ladies. If you want a down to Zalanathas gentleman, with a better body, albeit not quite as hairless, who is sexier than Vin Diesel, not a huge sell-out, or a horrible actor. Moofassa is the way to go.

I enjoy long walks on the RP beach, falling in virtual love, emoting out love ballads performed on guitars to my mistresses, aswell as many other perks only available through PM.

Basically, I just want to say I hate Vin Diesel. His real name is probably like Stewart Furntung.
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"Sorta struck me that roleplayers are called nerds, but all those people who are going out to the newest zone to kill  the black dragon of doom for his +25 mana and +4 damroll sword of ultimate magic are not called that.

Heh Funny

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do not have a microwave, I have a clock that occasionally cooks sh*t."

"The thing that depresses me about tennis is that I will never be as good
as a wall. I played a wall once. They're f***ing relentless."

- Mitch Hedberg - RIP

Hahaha Mitch Hedberg...classic.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Only reason why I play arma becuase I will Never master it. Even tho I been playing for about 5 years or so I only seen 80% of the world and experience 10% of the roles. Only now I  been starting to make characters a head of time and applications for house and major roles.

It's gona take me another 5 years to see the rest of the game, maby more. I still enjoy being the lone skilled hunter that goes farther then other people ever seen Rp wise.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Quote from: "Sanvean"If someone could get Vin Diesel to play Armageddon, I'd...well, I'd be very happy.

How can you be so sure that he doesn't play?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Quote from: "Sanvean"If someone could get Vin Diesel to play Armageddon, I'd...well, I'd be very happy.

Uhm..it's Sanvean?
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

If Vin Diesel were playing Arm and didn't have the common decency to donate a few thousand bucks to the advertising budget, he'd be a big fat jerk.

Stupid Vin Diesel.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Agent_137"maybe not, but i still maintain for my own sake that all the other non RPI muds blow.

For the sake of the truth.  I've browsed a hundred or more. I could only dedicate time to another mud if it was another setting, influenced and run by this staff and these players.   God bless Armageddon.

Armageddon is like a Porsche; "There is no substitute."
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Quote from: "ShaiHulud"

Uhm..it's Sanvean?

Damnit, stop spoiling my fantasies!

I r Vin Diesel.

I cannot donate because all of my funds are currently tied up in a lawsuit over the travesty that is my acting. Apparantly, a few people who saw 'Chronicles of Riddick' were so disgusted they spontaneously combusted, and their families are now persuing legal action against me. Donations will be forthcoming.

-VD

ps: I ate a toddler.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Not to interrupt the Vin love thread, but...

I personally don't WANT all of those idjots that spam vote on the site and think roleplay is for nerds and are more interested in finding things to kill and uber cool gear than finding a good story to play out.

I'm confident that those that want a mud like Armageddon will read our review and go "Hmm. Gotta get me some of that." and give us a try. The others? Please stay home and slaughter smurfs, guys, leave the roleplay to the professionals. (heh)

I -love- newbies, adore newbies, and am good at helping them usually, this is not an anti-newbie post.

I don't think we want the entire population of TMS over here giving us a try. The quality of our newbie apps would drop severely and we'd have enough guys asking how to kill things on this MUD that even the die-hards would beg for a mud school to throw them into.

Let 'em come when they're mature enough to handle it.

Proxie
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

Quote from: "Delirium"I mudsexed Vin Diesel!

I hate you  :evil:

Ditto.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

He doesn't do it for me at all. In fact he looks like a twink.

Quote from: "O"He doesn't do it for me at all. In fact he looks like a twink.

He plays an Orc Barbarian in 3d edition... ;)
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about HardCarbon - the only orcs I know of are in Lord of the Rings - and they don't do it for me either.

Still, it would be a nightmare if we all liked the same wouldn't it!

Quote"I do not have a microwave, I have a clock that occasionally cooks sh*t."

"The thing that depresses me about tennis is that I will never be as good
as a wall. I played a wall once. They're f***ing relentless."

- Mitch Hedberg - RIP
I must say that is probably the funniest quite I've heard in a very long time.