Votie vote vote

Started by Angela Christine, October 12, 2005, 11:36:07 PM

TMS reset and now we have only 12 votes.  That makes me sad.

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=sanvean

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

TMS was how I found Armageddon in the first place. The advertising works.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: "Manhattan"TMS was how I found Armageddon in the first place.
Ditto. I remember looking around for a new MUD to play about three years ago, and back then Armageddon was consistently #4 or 5 on TMS. We've, on average, dropped in the rankings considerably since then, though I don't think it's because of decreased voting from our players. Rather, over the last couple of years we've seen a number of large-playerbase MUDs open or join the listing that have since taken up permanent residence on the Top 10.

There's no doubt that visibility high in the rankings is a big draw for new players, so that makes voting all the more important now. Besides, for those of us spending any regular amount of time on the GDB, what's a couple extra clicks and a few seconds per day? :)

I think part of our difficulty with getting a lot of votes is there is no advertising in game. I bet on all those Pay to Play muds they have about 30 different OOC channels from, chat, ooc, flame, gossip, question, answer and are constantly asking people to vote. Can't really do that on an RPI with no ooc contact. Though I can't say a massive influx of newbies would be a good thing either, it needs to go slow.

-RM
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Just a reminder:

When voting on The Mud Connector, be sure that you click on "connect to armageddon" after the first vote and put in the telnet vote as well. It's a little extra effort, I know, but I don't think it'll kill anyone  :P
..and the puppet explodes.

Is that the vote done when you click on that creature?

GO VOTE!! VOTE NOW BEFORE THE VOTING POLICE COME HUNT YOU DOWN FOR BEING A HORRIBLE PERSON THAT'S LAZY AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING!!!
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I don't even see us on the top twenty.  That makes ME sad.  But it's rather inevitable.  Top Mud Sites is rather misleading, since the only measure of worth given to Muds on that site is the number of players they have.
Back from a long retirement

Look again.  We're #9 on TMS right now.   :D
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

My heart is filled with joy.  I think I'll burst into song.
Back from a long retirement

Show tunes?