Newbie Praise

Started by rishenko, October 12, 2005, 09:09:49 PM

I started a couple days ago, new to Armageddon and its rich role playing environment and code features.  I wasn't going to make my first post for a few more days, but since my first character just lost his life, I figured now is as good a time as any.

Even though I only started Monday, it has been an awesome experience to play with you guys.  I thought that other players would smell my newbishness and avoid me at all costs.  However, quite the opposite!  My character got involved in all kinds of trouble, yet defied death left and right till this evening.  

He met up with a multitude of characters, all shady and quite quick to use my character, but offering just enough to keep the character alive and to force him to scavenge just to get by.  Numerous role playing experiences presented themselves, each one further weaving a fairly tangled web that the character was soon to screw up royally.  Unfortunately, he got himself in a little deep and bit the dust before he could sever one of the main strands.  C'est la vie!

I'm working on my second character now and look forward to gaming with each and every one of you! :)  I can't believe I found this place.  Thanks for all the fun!

Don't tell us, tell your friends. We already know we're awesome.

But thanks for the praise anyway, and welcome.
Dig?

The thing that attracted me most about this game was the minimalism I experienced as a newbie. He had a shirt, a pair of pants, a backpack, a pair of boots, and one agate-headed axe. EQ doesn't mean everything, is what I came to learn. I had fun just trying to find a waterskin, and then eventually ended up in the desert with a group of elves who raided and slew poor Manhattan.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Thanks for joining! Remember to vote! Don't feed the elves.

Yeah. Great to hear! Now go get some friends! Always good to get more people who can appreciate the masterpiece that is Armageddon. So GO find more!

Welcome.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Welcome newbie.  I <3 you.  I love newbies.  I'm a newbie.  We can be newbies together.

I promoted us at my school.  You should do that too.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Welcome!

I'll never forget the sense of 'home' I got when I first started Arm. Awesome game, everything I always wanted all wrapped up into one game.

The one piece of advice I will offer is...avoid too much OOC contact. Armageddon is a 'magickal' game with awesome experiances which are MUCH better left for you to find out IC and can be utterly ruined by a simple slip of a friend's tongue.

Again, welcome aboard!
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

It's our pleasure. Welcome and enjoy.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Yum! Fresh meat..

Good luck and welcome.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Welcome aboard!
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Too often I see newbies having a hard time understanding that the world is roleplay, or the world is not hack-and-slash, and they helplessly lose link.  I can just imagine them at their desks going "What a fuck excuse for a MUD", and they never return.  Thanks for at least giving Armageddon a chance even though you died.

Welcome to the addiction.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Welcome friend.

Get ready to be addicted to crackeddon.

I am surprised why anyone has not mentioned about helpers yet.

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html

Here is a list of helpers.  For everything you feel uncomfortable in the game, ask for their help.

EDIT:  Duh!
some of my posts are serious stuff

Ghost's link does not work because he shamelessly added a dot at the end.

Link is here:
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote from: "Hexxaex"Too often I see newbies having a hard time understanding that the world is roleplay, or the world is not hack-and-slash, and they helplessly lose link.  I can just imagine them at their desks going "What a fuck excuse for a MUD", and they never return.  Thanks for at least giving Armageddon a chance even though you died.

Welcome to the addiction.

Yeah, I had taken a break from mudding the last four or so years.  Previous to that I had mudded for about 8 years straight.  However, I have really been looking forward to mudding again, especially one with some good old-fashioned roleplay, and as such found that his was the place to go.  As for the addiction, you better believe it.  The moment I started, I knew I was going to have to limit myself.  Too much fun man, too much fun.

In any case, got the second character up and running last night and already neck deep in trouble.  Gotta love it!  

Finally, if I see other muds or sites that are "borrowing" Armageddon's documentation (one comes to mind, which is how I heard about Arm in the first place), who should I notify?

I know the MUD your talking about I think. It almost rips-off arm everywhere. I don't think we can prevent that though. I've never seen a copywrite here anywhere.

Quote from: "Kennath"I know the MUD your talking about I think. It almost rips-off arm everywhere. I don't think we can prevent that though. I've never seen a copywrite here anywhere.

Actually, if you go to the main homepage and scroll to the very bottom, you'll see a copyright.

Rishenko, if you see someone "borrowing" Arm's documentation, then you need to email the mud at mud@ginka.armageddon.org
..and the puppet explodes.

Welcome to the greatest/most addicting game ever! I remember when I first stumbled across Arm, I think I was looking threw mudconnect.org, anyways, the name "armageddon" caught my eye. I read the description, which does not even come close to summing up arm, but  still, I was hooked at that moment. It took me like 2 weeks or so to get my first PC accept, whom died in less that 2 minutes...anywho, welcome.
Mr_Fire-
~Let others screw light bulbs in water faucets. Who cares?~