getting lost?

Started by Cyrian20, October 07, 2005, 01:11:06 PM

is it a bug, or can you now get lost in a storm even when following people. I had it happen a couple of times, everyone in my group goes south and it says I follow them, then lose my bearings and go west?
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Uh...wierd.
My guess would be that maybe it is a sort of bug. Was a ranger leading the party? Were you following the ranger or following another pc who was following the ranger? I've never tested it out, but do you get lost if you aren't following the ranger directly? If so that's a bug if you ask me. Shouldn't matter as long as a ranger is at the lead of the group.
"Dumbass." - Red Foreman

Quote from: "MOD"It should be easier to keep groups together in sandstorms now, (ie. you'll usually get lost -together- instead of being separated) and a little harder (not much) for loners to get lost. You're still better off with your friendly neighborhood ranger, though....

Make sure you're all following the one that knows where s/he's going.

Quote from: "Arabian Nights"Uh...wierd.
My guess would be that maybe it is a sort of bug. Was a ranger leading the party? Were you following the ranger or following another pc who was following the ranger? I've never tested it out, but do you get lost if you aren't following the ranger directly? If so that's a bug if you ask me. Shouldn't matter as long as a ranger is at the lead of the group.

That makes me cringe. Seriously.

Ranger, ranger, ranger. Not guide, guide, guide.

Just a mindless rant, I suppose.

But yes, follow someone that knows where they are going, or atleast says they know where they are going.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"
Quote from: "Arabian Nights"Uh...wierd.

That makes me cringe. Seriously.

Ranger, ranger, ranger. Not guide, guide, guide.

Just a mindless rant, I suppose.

But yes, follow someone that knows where they are going, or atleast says they know where they are going.

Yeah, it bugs me too. There are other non-rangers that should be able to lead in a storm as well.
"Dumbass." - Red Foreman

Quote from: "Arabian Nights"Yeah, it bugs me too. There are other non-rangers that should be able to lead in a storm as well.

And warriors who can backstab, thieves who can toss fireballs, merchants good with a blade....

Each class has its advantage and disadvantage. Just make sure you make the most suitable choice when it comes time for char creation.

All of that is possible, last I checked.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

This is coming from a player that loves to play rangers, in fact I hate clans. So I play rangers alot so I can come and go as I wish (although I have recently found a clan I like, though normally I dislike 'em, not they way they are run or anything. Just not for me)

I agree though that other classes should be able to lead in a storm, maybe merc sub guild or nomad, maybe even set it to a 99% so there is a small chance but that way you can make a bynner sergeant that won't get his ass kicked by 5 day warriors that can still lead the party in a storm instead of asking the new half elf runner to lead.

In the mmean time remember if you have good reason, like 5 ic years as a sergeant in the byn or something app for it, maybe have your char spend a few rl weeks training with a ranger or something. have logs and submit to the mud.

Back on topic I was following the leader and he was going the right way, just it would say <sdesc> walks north, you follow <sdesc> and walk north, <generic you lose your bearings messege>, and I end up south east of the leader.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "facehugger"
Quote from: "Arabian Nights"Yeah, it bugs me too. There are other non-rangers that should be able to lead in a storm as well.

And warriors who can backstab, thieves who can toss fireballs, merchants good with a blade....

Each class has its advantage and disadvantage. Just make sure you make the most suitable choice when it comes time for char creation.

That is completely irrelevant to the discussion. A subclass that doesn't get lost in a sandstorm is nowhere near the same ballpark as your examples.

If any subclass should get the ability to navigate through storms, it's the caravan guides.

Mercs shouldn't really get it because they're just mercs.  They do what they're paid to and they work in groups.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"