What's new ?!

Started by mansa, October 05, 2005, 01:38:03 AM

QuoteI think that if you are being attacked by a warrior, you should see it coming, and that you should have the reflexes to react to it. I also happen to think that this should be reflected in the code with a few seconds of delay time.

It is. It's called your defense score. Anyone, not just a warrior can come in and attack you. Your defense will determine whether or not you get out of the way. And your flee skill, or lack thereof will determine if you can escape combat beyond that. There's already enough people that poweremote always being clear of anyone else that comes near them or powerwalking away when confronted I'd hate to see something like this added.
"Dumbass." - Red Foreman

Quote from: "Arabian Nights"

I'd still love to see a "noresist" feature that works separately from nosave.

This is a biggy, as it is nosave ruins to many things, like if you have no save on (say your a pickpocket that turns himself in when cornered) and you try to climb it autofails, so if your running you gotta turn it off then if a npc guard comes in your might be insta dead since it is off so you can climb, but also will fight the subdue.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "Cyrian20"
you try to climb it autofails,

Untrue.  Nosave does not make you autofail climb.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Actually, I recall getting this very message with my character:

QuoteYou try to climb, but slip because you have nosave on.

If that has changed, then I'm glad.

Quote from: "Delirium"Actually, I recall getting this very message with my character:

QuoteYou try to climb, but slip because you have nosave on.

If that has changed, then I'm glad.

Nope.  I can confirm that this is still in effect because it happened to my charater last night.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

1) No resist flag.

2) No resist flag.

3) No resist flag.

4) I love the idea of developing the 3-d world more, i.e. having additional up/down levels with various ways to access them. There's already quite a bit of this if you explore, and it's hella fun (if fun to you is dying to find something new).

5) In relation to #4, modified rope code. It should not be so easy to fall down climbing with a rope.

6) Silt skimmers and the silt sea like Mansa sed, hell yeah!

7) Mob and object loads being more random to simulate a real, changing world. E.g. Sometimes a yellow gith is there, sometimes it has an obsidian sword. Other times it's a pink and has a spear, and sometimes there's nothing at all.

8 ) A place to access the imm's funniest mud sex logs they got while snooping.
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Halaster"
Quote from: "Cyrian20"
you try to climb it autofails,

Untrue.  Nosave does not make you autofail climb.

Halaster is wrong.  Wrong.  He makes mistakes.  Which means he's mortal.  Which means he can be killed.  There can be only one.

Nosave  (Combat)  

Turning nosave 'on' will cause your character to automatically fail all saving throws to which he/she is entitled. It is useful in numerous situations where a spell will actually have beneficial effects upon you, and you would not want to impede those effects.

You can also use nosave to willingly surrender your character if he/she has committed a crime, and wishes to give him/herself up to the law. (This can be a good idea, since resisting arrest is not looked upon highly.)

[b]Having nosave on will cause you to fail all climbing checks. [/b]

Typing nosave by itself will toggle it on and off. To see the status of your nosave either check 'stat', or type 'nosave status'. To turn it explicitly on or off, type 'nosave on' or 'nosave off'.

Syntax:

nosave [on|off|status]

Note:

Nosaving when soldiers are trying to subdue you will allow them to do
so, sometimes preventing them from attacking.

See also:
criminal, skill_climb, stat, surrender

Well, don't I look like the idiot, heh.  I guess nosave DOES make you not climb.  Silly that.

Tells you how often I use nosave... NEVER EVER (but only because I forget it exists)

QuoteTells you how often I use nosave... NEVER EVER (but only because I forget it exists)

Must not play sneaky types much, either.  :P

Unless you're always too l33t to worry about those half-giants.

I'd like to see some adjustments to the crim code, giving people a little more ability to work within it. I'm not saying you shouldn't get arrested for swordfighting in the streets, but it would be nice if half-giants didn't parachute in to the scene of the crime to arrest people within seconds.

I understand why it's in place, but every encounter that might have turned interesting that I've seen just turned into two people saying "C'mon, I'll even let you have the first hit." or "You wanna fight? Hit me."
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Quote from: "Anonymous"

Must not play sneaky types much, either.  :P

Very rarely.  I don't tend to have the time (or patience) to play a sneaky type the way I'd like to play them.  I have done it, a time or two, but it's been a long while.