the stupid sand storms

Started by adrien, September 13, 2005, 08:16:01 PM

I hate when you lose your way in go around and around im getting annoyed with it but i guess its realizim for you
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

My only suggestion would be to not go OUT into a sandstorm.  

If one sneaks up on you, ICly you can be called either unlucky or unobservant...
...if you walk out into one, it is OOC and IC thoughtless and careless action.  I'm assuming it's either night or your character isn't accustomed to it.  It sucks, so avoid it.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Buy a tent.  Use it.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"Buy a tent.  Use it.

Hire a ranger pay them well.. cheaper then a tent.
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

Why do people play non-rangers, non-karma characters?
Murder your darlings.

Quote from: "HardCarbon"Hire a ranger pay them well.. cheaper then a tent.

I say hire a ranger with a tent.  Someone to guide you, and make a small shelter if you get stuck and need to rest.  :)
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Mook"Why do people play non-rangers, non-karma characters?

Because there's more to Armageddon than rangers.

.. Wait, what am I saying?!  :shock:  Of course there isn't!

Ahem.  On topic, time for me to morph into (drumroll) Laazzzzlotha!

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11999
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12820
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12930
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13697
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12952

Desert Nav and Desert Quit should be skills available at a low level via subclass to non-rangers.

We all know, we all agree. Lets move on.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Yeah but then people are going to twink out their desert quit skills, even if it's capped low.

errrr. This is rant. At least it was short and to the point. Best is the storm code around the silt sea or the shield wall. Oh baby :)
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "jmordetsky"We all know, we all agree.

We don't all agree.

-- X

Quote from: "jmordetsky"Desert Nav and Desert Quit should be skills available at a low level via subclass to non-rangers.

We all know, we all agree. Lets move on.

We certainly do not all agree.

Actually, I had about 4 "city" chars before I even played a ranger.  I don't find them that spectacular.  Different, but not spectacular.  RP is RP regardless of how you do it, right?
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Quote from: "Xygax"
Quote from: "jmordetsky"We all know, we all agree.

We don't all agree.

-- X

I read the words, but I just don't understand what you are saying.

www.j03m.com

Personally, I've found that while sandstorms blinding enough to make you go in the wrong direction are annoying, they aren't -that- bad and just take a little extra time to get where you're going. When you're being chased, this adds to the pump of adrenaline, especially if your persuer -is-able to navigate a sandstorm. It's been my experience that only about half the time do you go in the wrong direction anyways. So while I agree that it's an easier thing with a ranger, I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding sandstorms. Instead, let's fire up another thread and bitch about why only rangers and halfbreed scum can ride with an object in both hands, no matter how much your other character practices his riding ability.  :D

SOB i hate the damn storms its clear in one room then you walk into it Sob why are they  week long in the north why not let everyone out side for once everytime i play there a stupid sandstorm
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Quote from: "Dracul"Yeah but then people are going to twink out their desert quit skills, even if it's capped low.

errrr. This is rant. At least it was short and to the point. Best is the storm code around the silt sea or the shield wall. Oh baby :)

the desert quit seems to ooc, it would suck to have to logout in ten minutes and you say I'll just try my quit skill then. if it fails your like fuck now I gotta head to the city.
What I am trying to say is quitting is an OOC action basically so a skill for it would be an OOC skill. Kinda like adding a board posting skill that only lets you post on the ic boards if your rumor skill is high enough.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "Cyrian20"
Quote from: "Dracul"Yeah but then people are going to twink out their desert quit skills, even if it's capped low.

the desert quit seems to ooc, it would suck to have to logout in ten minutes and you say I'll just try my quit skill then. if it fails your like fuck now I gotta head to the city.
What I am trying to say is quitting is an OOC action basically so a skill for it would be an OOC skill. Kinda like adding a board posting skill that only lets you post on the ic boards if your rumor skill is high enough.

80/80 80/80 80/80>think Fuck this storm is out of control...I better try to ride it out.

(OOCly: The phone rings, and I have to run)

80/80 80/80 80/80>camp

You start attempting to make camp using whats available in your environment.

80/80 80/80 80/80>:emote something

You are unable to make camp.

80/80 80/80 80/80>Think fuck.

80/80 80/80 80/80>camp

You start attempting to make camp using whats available in your environment.

The point being, the ranger "disappear" skill is midly silly. It should be a skill. It should be hard for you to make camp, rangers should be really good at it, but should still fail, especially in certain areas. Nomads should be midly good at it.

www.j03m.com