price of cloth

Started by dg, September 05, 2005, 08:29:34 PM

isn't it a bit strange that on miner's road you can buy raw cloth for less than the price of a finished cloth product of the same material in the bazaar?

I guess that for the developers focusing on plot/description/rp is more important the 'balance', but i find this a bit wierd.  just my 2 cents.

No. It makes complete sense that you can buy raw cloth material for less than a finished product.

Quote from: "dg"isn't it a bit strange that on miner's road you can buy raw cloth for less than the price of a finished cloth product of the same material in the bazaar?

Why is this strange?  Unfinished material is always cheaper than a worked product.  Your point is unclear to me.

you're both right, i must be getting tired... i meant to say more...though now that I think about it I'm not even sure of that...I think esp. colored cloth might be more expensive raw...if not then never mind...sorry...guess I'm just frustrated at how expensive it is, and how slowly I'm learning to do anything with it

If you're an independant trying to learn the clothing trade, it'll always be tough. Recommend a different "method" of getting the materials.
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

Quote from: "Thunder Lord"Raw cloth costs money
the finnished product is made with raw cloth.
Labor costs money
Labor produces the finnished product.

Raw cloth + labor = finnished product

therefore unless labor is a negative number where people are paying you to sew raw cloth. The finnished product will alawys be more expensive then the raw material.

So I can't understand really the point of your question unless it was the other way around. And if it was the  other way around that is because some merchants can make many peices of clothing from the same large peice of raw cloth.

I very much think they mean the finished product can be bought for less then the cost of the raw material to a non house PC.   Being a Tailor is a horrid way for an independent to make money.
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."