Writing Group?

Started by Sanvean, September 01, 2005, 01:59:36 PM

I've noticed a number of questions/posts about writing lately on the boards.  I've got a yahoo group for critiquing writing called Writers of Zalanthas that has been defunct for a while.  If you think you'd be interested in participating in it in order to post your stuff and get critiques as well as critiquing other people's stuff, drop me an email at spezzatura@gmail.com (NOTE: this is not the email to send things like "my character app has been in the queue for days" to).  If there's at least a few people who think they'd actively participate, I'd be glad to open that up again.

-San

Cool. So I'm guessing with a name like Writers of Zalanthas that this group would be made primarily of Armers? What kind of writing would be appropriate for this group? Arm fanfic? Fantasy? Realistic ficton? Non-fiction? Poetry?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I am guessing all kinds? If it's a group to critique writing, a true author has the ability to read any kind of work and give their opinion on it. That way, you have people who prefer fantasy reading non-fiction and you get different opinions from potential readers.

-RM
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I don't do much fiction writing, but I'm an editor by trade (in theory) and would be happy to read and critique stories from time to time.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Thanks to everyone who has sent in emails so far - I'll be sending out a general mail and getting things set up Monday (this weekend is a little crazy with CascadiaCon).

I've sent an email out to everyone who emailed me.  If I missed you, or you want to jump on the bandwagon, drop me a line.  I'm working strictly off the email, so if you are definitely interested (Cale Knight?), send me one.