Structures in the North and South

Started by HunterKiller, August 30, 2005, 06:59:03 PM

Hiya.  I'm doing some research and wondered, would it be safe to assume most buildings in the Northlands (in tuluk and luir's) are made from wood and the southern cities are made from adobe and stone?  I guess adobe buildings may compromise a mixture in the North and south but it's been a while since I've read room descriptions in most of the known world.

Also, the shield walls are natural formations (if I remember right) whereas the man-built walls like the scaien are maybe a mixture of mud, stone, wood, etc?

Thoughts and/or opinions would be appreciated.  :-)

Thanks!
- HK

Most buildings are made from stone and claybrick.  Buildings made of wood exist in Tuluk but are probably rarer than the others, and don't really exist in Allanak.

The Shield Wall is a giant ridge, I believe, or just a really huge cliff, and is natural as far as anyone can tell.
The Scaien Wall is made, at least on the outside, out of wood.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"The Scaien Wall is made, at least on the outside, out of wood.

From the description I believe it's stone, actually.  Granite.

Gates are wood.

Quote from: "Delirium"
Quote from: "Larrath"The Scaien Wall is made, at least on the outside, out of wood.

From the description I believe it's stone, actually.  Granite.

Gates are wood.

So far as I can tell, it is sometimes wood and sometimes stone.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Some is fire blackened stone.
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

Pay attention to room descriptions, and you'll see what the buildings are made of.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".