apartment script

Started by Manhattan, August 25, 2005, 10:28:47 PM

okay so if a pc quit out in his apartment and misses the rent and then someone else rents the apartment, what happens?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

The PC logs in inside the apartment the next time (s)he logs in.  You won't be magickally transported anywhere just because you aren't the renter anymore.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

wouldn't that be awkward, seeing a stranger in your house?

in real life, if you miss your rent, the landowner kicks your ass out.
so i suggest that if you miss rent in Arm, that your PC appears on the street in front of the building next time they log in.

Or people could be more responsible and not log out in an apartment if you're going to be away for a few weeks.  Or if you DO log in after a break and you're in someone else's apartment, just leave.

*edited out for not thinking before posting, you'd still have your key*
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

If you log back on in an apartment after you have stopped paying rent and someone else has rented it, you should immediately leave because ICly you would have been kicked out.  Please do not take advantage of the code to do this on purpose.

If you are going to be away from the game for a period longer than you can pay in advance for, and do not wish to lose your apartment, please email vanth@armageddon.org and cc mud@armageddon.org and we can arrange for you to pay further in advance.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Quote from: "Vanth"If you log back on in an apartment after you have stopped paying rent and someone else has rented it, you should immediately leave because ICly you would have been kicked out.  Please do not take advantage of the code to do this on purpose.

isnt there a way to hard code it? like i said, next time they log back on they appear on the street in front of the apartment building.

Quote from: "Manhattan"isnt there a way to hard code it? like i said, next time they log back on they appear on the street in front of the apartment building.

Fixing this isn't trivial, and the situation happens so rarely as to be not really worth the effort.  Vanth's suggestion is the best course.

-- X