RE: Half-elves and the Tuluk Legion

Started by Gaare, August 24, 2005, 01:48:57 PM

I remember there was an IMM post about it somewhere but could not find. Probably your answer would be find out IC (which is not very hard but to speak with a milita). I remember it was told half-elves are accepted in both city-states, but they can not raise above a certain rank. In other words, your PC, probably rarely, see dwarven and half-elven city soldiers around.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Err, I was waiting for someone to respond with some clarity, but I can say with 100% certainty that half elves are NOT allowed to be militia in Allanak.  I can say with a good 99% certainty that the same is true for Tuluk.

Half-elves are allowed into a some merchant houses, but that is about it as far as human institutions go.

Quote from: "Rindan"Err, I was waiting for someone to respond with some clarity, but I can say with 100% certainty that half elves are NOT allowed to be militia in Allanak.  I can say with a good 99% certainty that the same is true for Tuluk.
I'd prefer it if you were right before for some reason it's in the back of my head that you are wrong on both accounts.  Maybe the AoD/Jihaen imms will clear this up.

Sometime ago there was a thread about this.  And the templerate imms cleared this up, that half-elves though rarely, but still can be spotted in militia.  There was a talk even there were more than one half-elf NPC soldiers (who passes as half-elf, not mistaken as human) in both city state militia.
some of my posts are serious stuff

There are no half-elves, be they NPCs or PCs in the Arm of the Dragon that I am aware of.  I invite anyone who finds one to please typo it so that it can be removed.

As to half-elves in the Tuluki Militia, that is Tlaloc and Savak's clan, but I would guess that the templar who either recruited or promoted one would be getting snickered at a lot behind his back by the rest of the templarate, at the least.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Quote from: "Gaare"I remember there was an IMM post about it somewhere but could not find...

Maybe this: http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10194 ?

there's a half-elf in the sun king's legion
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

mansa is a half-elf in the sunking's legion.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "Elgiva"
Quote from: "Gaare"I remember there was an IMM post about it somewhere but could not find...

Maybe this: http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10194 ?

Yes... This one! Thank you..

Quote from: "Halaster"And I said that the militis do recruit them, but I didn't say they do it often. They're quite rare, but not unheard of. When I played a templar, I had a half-elf npc soldier that I used sometimes.

On the other hand, Naiona has the most  smoothest answer that can be given, since the post is a bit old.. from days when Naiona was more innocent and less bloody while not leading 'naki Templarate.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

I rememember some in the north (made my rampaging character look like a pin cushion once) But hey.. things change, except Halaster.. he is always evil and slays people... well sometimes he slays only a few, like on tuesdays and easter.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas