Just for Fun

Started by Medena, August 23, 2005, 03:46:09 PM

Ever invested a bit of effort in doing something in game you knew no one else would ever see or even know you'd done it?  But that something gave you immense enjoyment and entertainment?

Here's one of my favourites:

I worked as an aide in a northern noble house. One day my character acquired a large number of black fungus and, being a bit of a prankster, decided to dispose of them by festooning the -other- noble house's in-town compound with them.  I sneaked up to the building then, using hide and sneak, furtively emoted out draping and affixing each individual fungus to the building in different ways. Then I'd drop each one with a long desc.  I can't remember the actual descs I used but I probably ended up with something like this being what you'd see lying in the room:

A black fungus appears to grow from a carving on the building's wall.
Looming above the door, a black fungus hangs suspended here.
Several black fungus cling to the eastern wall of this structure.

My character sneaked off and I had a good laugh both IC and IRL.  I really doubt that any ever saw my creation. This was well over a year ago but if my memory serves me, the game crashed a couple of hours later. I'd entertained thoughts of trying to spread rumours about the terrible affliction House ______ was under but I never got to.  It really didn't matter though. The whole thing gave me so much amusement and to this day, I still get a chuckle out of thinking about the fungus.

Maybe I'm just weird. :)
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

You can set long descs to items, too?

>=^P

*begins thinking of things to be done that would be good enough to fit under this topic*

I invented a game my character played only in his own mind with thinks to amuse himself.

Moe.

:?
Murder your darlings.

Yes. But I'm not telling.

I emoted out a big scene in an (at the time) empty clan hall, using a few vNPCs and mostly just filling the need to play out my character's current emotional state when no one was around. I had pretty much only done it for my own sake, with no intentions of anything coming from it.

It actually turned out to be more interesting and fun than I'd expected when a rather important member of said clan walked into the middle of it.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I emoted taking a dump in the Byn latrines.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

The fact that people who play Armageddon do whacky things like this when "nobody is looking" is a big part of why it's such an awesome place to play. And by play I mean live.

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"I emoted taking a dump in the Byn latrines.

Everybody does that.  "Nekrete" is the magick day that people go and pick up their share of the dumps.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I had a character who talked to the voices in his head, even when they weren't listening.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

My first Solo emoting of the Byn Latrines.
After emoting for about five minutes, a templar contacted me and wanted the name of my Lieutenant.
Then I passed out.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I tend to do those huge spam-thinking episodes when my character is upset about something and there is nothing better to do.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

My characters get sick a lot.

Hmm.. Quite a long time ago when I was still a newbie, me and three other Turkish players are playing newly joined byners and connected from the same university.  It is Nekrete and we are shoveling half-giant dungs in the latrines and the internet goes down in the whole school.

What can I say, after an ingame week and a few IG days (like 30 RL hours) I reconnected, and enjoyed the idea our characters probably cleaned the whole latrines until it was cleaner than the barracks.
some of my posts are serious stuff