Writing Code

Started by Anonymous, August 19, 2005, 10:31:21 AM

Does anyone else notice readable items, after a while, begin to ... change shape?  The spacing starts to separate to every other line and the indentation on each line gets further and further to the right.

Is it the telnet client I am using, or a bug in the read/write code?

I've never had that problem before.  It sounds very likely that it's your client.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Well immediately after I've written something and read it, it's okay.  And maybe the next time I logon it's still ok.  But after enough time the format innevitably changes and becomes poorly spaced out.  Maybe it is my client, but it's strange that it doesn't take effect until a certain length of time passes.  This makes me think it's something with the MUD code and not my client.

Anybody else experience this?  I usually just logon with raw telnet.

I know this used to be a problem that afflicted all PC written books and notes, but I heard it was fixed shortly after my only R/W character died.  Curses!   :x   If it has come back it is probably a bug, something you should check with the staff about.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I thought you were talking about things like the tavern or clan boards IC.  Does it happen to you for those as well?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

If this is happening to you, try logging out with the object and logging back in.  If that doesn't fix it, I'd suggest emailing mud@ginka.armageddon.org about it.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I thought you were talking about things like the tavern or clan boards IC. Does it happen to you for those as well?

No, just with the Read/Write skill specifically.  In game boards work just fine for me.

And I know what you're talking about, AC, where the code would eventually chop off a segment of your text -- in fact I think whatever you wrote would gradually shrink more and more as time went by.  That's not the problem (for me at least).  

All the text I write is there, it just gets formatted real wierd.  It looks quite annoying actually.  If I knew much about html code I'd try to show you an example of what I mean.

Quote from: "Mydryn"If this is happening to you, try logging out with the object and logging back in. If that doesn't fix it, I'd suggest emailing mud@ginka.armageddon.org about it.

That did it, thanks a bunch!