Space

Started by Reito, August 05, 2005, 04:48:15 PM

Any chance we ever would see Meteors hitting Zalanthas? I'm a little bit curious with this. If Zalanthas is a planet, and not completely alone in the universe, it has had to /at some time/ been pummeled by some kind of meteor or space object. Oh. And Aliens? Chance we'll ever see one? :O (Aside from the dragon)
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

Meteors would be seen as some crazy sorcerers getting crazier.

Aliens?  That is what we call mutants.
some of my posts are serious stuff

No. That isn't what I meant. Aliens as in..Someone from another planet. :/ Stop thinking that everything I talk about is already there. I'm not asking what people would interpret it as, I'm asking if it would happen.
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

Ok, probably but nobody would notice?  Up until a few hundred years ago meteors were considered superstition by the scientific community of that time since there were no truly confirmed sightings of rocks falling from the sky until then.  I don't think Zalanthas has enough of a population that a meteor would likely be found and identified as such much less likely that it would be seen landing nearby.

Okay. So you're basically saying that..A comet, for instance, that the entire east coast of the united states can see, won't be able to be seen by the Zalanthian population? Why not? Meteors, for instance, can vary in size one /hell of a lot/. If the meteor is more than a half mile wide, you can be sure that /some/ people will see it.
C. S. Lewis

Maybe Zalanthas doesn't exist in space the way Earth does. Maybe there's nothing else out there, or the world is flat, or the universe is only big enough for Zalanthas and Suk-Krath, or... hell, find out IC!

I'd personally not be very happy if I went exploring one day and found an alien vessel.  I don't think it would fit the theme very well.

Meteors I can see on some distant parts of the world maybe, sure.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Science (fiction) doesn't really have a place in this game.  You're really going to have to settle with the fact that as both a player and a character you don't KNOW if Zalanthas is round, or if rocks fall from the sky, or if magickers and sorcerors get their power from tiny creatures living in their cells called mitichloriens.

..I was just asking a question. I don't need to be mocked, or have sarcasm directed towards me. All I asked is if it could happen. Sheesh. I'm not opening threads anymore if this is all that'll happen.

Edit: This was directed towards moe. I appreciate everyone else for voicing their opinions on the matter.
C. S. Lewis

If you have some really crazy concept about meteors and aliens...you can always shoot the idea up to the imms.  :wink:

It's very likely that there will never be aliens, because they don't fit in with the theme of the game.  However, if you're very unlucky, you may find creatures from other PLANES.  They would be, of course, infinitely more frightening and wierd than anything from the Prime Material.  Of course, most people (aside from sorcerors) do not know that these things might exist, and will have little concept of them.

As for meteors, they'll be seen as some sort of magick.  Very likely, they will strike the world at uninhabited locations and make some very wierd glass paths that will be covered up by sand in about a week.

I didn't mean to come across as sarcastic or mocking.  *shrug*

There are, actually, IC answers to one of these questions. I encourage you all to find out in game.
Tlaloc
Legend

I asked some time ago about meteors because of the possibility of finding meteoric copper.  *shrug*
o longer playing and password scrambled so IMs won't reach me.  Sorry.

Just smelt the red sand.

Don't tell anyone though, they'll call you a crazy fucker. Then kill you and steal your water then piss on you after drinking it.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Tlaloc"There are, actually, IC answers to one of these questions. I encourage you all to find out in game.

I see something like this, and I think, "Ok, now I need a character with a reason and the means to find this out."
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Everyone knows vestrics come from their Vestric Orbital Space Station, sheesh.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"
Quote from: "Tlaloc"There are, actually, IC answers to one of these questions. I encourage you all to find out in game.

I see something like this, and I think, "Ok, now I need a character with a reason and the means to find this out."

Dwarf! Ha!
storrie: Stay out of the rinth. It is dangerous.
jstorrie: IC INFORMATION!~!
jstorrie: You will get ultrapk'd.
jstorrie: There are no buildings in the rinth. Everything is made out of tall, cloaked figures with knives. You will die.