Spice in the South

Started by theebie, August 05, 2005, 09:18:54 AM

hi,

i'd like ot know -why- spice is outlawed in the south.
(and i know that the highking said so, but why did he do ?)

since it seems that most lower-class folk wants and does consume it
as often as possible, and the nobility, does, too ? and everyone seems
to know ?

so its at least somewhat tolerated ? why does one get instant
slaughtered for carrying one little itsy bit through the city gates then ?

regards ---theebie---

For the same bullshit reasons pot is illegal in the United States, maybe?
Tek has his reasons. Reasons that the black robes probably don't even understand. Sorry, I know you probably don't want to hear it but spice is illegal because Tektolnes said so. Period.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

If you glance through the History of the Known World you'll find that it simply states that spice became outlawed.

Like all other laws in the Known World, punishment is carried out swiftly and brutally.  Except for those who live as the exception to the laws, as dictated by the mood of any Templar.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

By guess is to OOCly make Allanak different from Tuluk and to give spicedealers from real action.  :D

I suggest reading the helpfiles and other documentation available on Allanak, as they might explain a bit more as to why Tektolnes outlawed spice.

Beyond that...find out IC!
Tlaloc
Legend

look at it this way, its fun to smuggle spice and a great Rp experience. you want to do spice take a 5 min walk towards redstorm screw allanak the great city of bull !@#$.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I remember reading something in the docs about Tek's high Templar and bastard son, Cohran Tektolnes, saying it was 'to purify the minds of his subjects'.

Quote from: "Oxidised Lizard"I remember reading something in the docs about Tek's high Templar and bastard son, Cohran Tektolnes, saying it was 'to purify the minds of his subjects'.

What amazes me is that Allanak does not run the spice industry in Zalanthas. That is probably single handedly the foremost purchased item from filthy, dirty, grimey elven 'Rinth scum to bunny hugging Northern Nobility and Templarate.