More Nenyuki stuff - Mansa got me thinkin damnit!!

Started by Incognito, August 01, 2005, 04:28:47 PM

On an entirely different thought-stance....

What would happen if one fine day, Nenyuk got fed-up with this entire business and just destroy these little pieces of Allanaki-symboled obsidian? That'd throw the entire economy of the Known-World into a whack, wouldnt it?

Also - another thing to ponder about....is the wealth of a City-State measured by the amount of obsidian coin in it's treasury? Or would it depend on...metal deposits (bullion) perhaps? Or maybe even the amount of Water barrels??

How did the Obsidian currency come into circulation in the first place? Tektolnes just had them carved up one fine day and started distributing them to the public? "You used to barter till yesterday, but from today, you will have to use these round pieces of black rock!!" What was the currency used in pre-Tektolnes days? Was there no economy when the Dragon ruled? Where can I find a silver Avangion dollar on Zalanthas?

Why does Tuluk not have its own currency? Why does Tuluk suffer the use of the currency of it's openly-reviled enemy-state? If Tuluk had a new currency, what would be the exchange rate to the Allanaki Sid? Could we call it Tuluki Ivory Pesos?

Jeez, the more I think about these issues, the more ideas I seem to be coming up with!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: "Incognito"What would happen if one fine day, Nenyuk got fed-up with this entire business and just destroy these little pieces of Allanaki-symboled obsidian? That'd throw the entire economy of the Known-World into a whack, wouldnt it?

They don't want to get Tektolnes mad.

Quote from: "Incognito"Also - another thing to ponder about....is the wealth of a City-State measured by the amount of obsidian coin in it's treasury? Or would it depend on...metal deposits (bullion) perhaps? Or maybe even the amount of Water barrels??

I think slaves.

Quote from: "Incognito"How did the Obsidian currency come into circulation in the first place? Tektolnes just had them carved up one fine day and started distributing them to the public? "You used to barter till yesterday, but from today, you will have to use these round pieces of black rock!!" What was the currency used in pre-Tektolnes days? Was there no economy when the Dragon ruled? Where can I find a silver Avangion dollar on Zalanthas?

Find out IC

Quote from: "Incognito"Why does Tuluk not have its own currency? Why does Tuluk suffer the use of the currency of it's openly-reviled enemy-state? If Tuluk had a new currency, what would be the exchange rate to the Allanaki Sid? Could we call it Tuluki Ivory Pesos?

They don't want to get Tektolnes mad.
Back from a long retirement

Cloth is too easily destroyed, whereas obsidian is a lot tougher.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Nenyuk likely doesn't issue bank notes because the majority of its customers - even the rich merchants - are illiterate. Also, there's the problem of forgery.