Idea for Tribal Humans

Started by SpyGuy, July 25, 2005, 05:19:59 PM

Alright, here's something that came to me that might help automate and deepen the tribal human experience.

As it stands right now to get put into a tribal camp takes the assistance of imms.  Tribal humans are basically required to pick the nomad subclass or special app to get bendune added.  And bendune is a more or less novelty language since all tribal humans know sirihish anyway.

My idea is to automate the process of becoming a tribal human.  Add another non-karma race option to character creation for tribal humans which wouldn't change any stats but would change the starting language from sirihish to Bendune and always have a Bendune accent.  Perhaps even limit the possible classes of tribal humans the same way desert elves are limited.  In the hall of kings these tribal humans would have the option to point to their tribe, much the way desert elf creation works.  So the process of joining tribes would be automated and simple and you wouldn't need to search out your tribe's camp once in game.

The nomad subclass for tribal humans would be changed to give them sirihish instead of bendune, as nomads in some ways represent the traders of their tribe.  Nomad subclass could work normally for everyone else that wanted to be from a non-coded tribe or play something like an outcast tribal half-elf or dwarf.  But this would also allow tribal humans to not be forced to pick the nomad subclass but give them incentive to do so since it would allow more trade options.  I can also see this making Bendune a more useful language and making trade between city humans and tribals slightly more difficult but more interesting at the same time.

This clearly wouldn't clear the need for staff oversight but may expand the potential of the human tribes.  Thoughts, opinions?

Sounds like a good idea.  I've never played a Desert Elf or a Tribal Human, but from what you're saying, it sounds like it would help fix some problems, and it would make it more convenient, and easier, to be a Tribal Human.  Maybe it shouldn't be non-karma, though.  Maybe once you get one karma, you not only get Desert Elf, but Tribal Human, as well.
Given the choice between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I would have the courage to betray my country." - E. M. Forster

mmh I like the idea... would make it easier to set them up... I've thought of playing a rtibal before but had no idea how to go about it..
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"