Empty flask fits, full flask doesn't

Started by Hexxaex, July 23, 2005, 11:29:06 AM

The other day, I had taken a wooden drinking flask from one of my containers on my person, filled it with water, then tried to put it back.  It didn't fit.  With a waterskin made of leather, it's easy to RP out stuffing an empty one into your cloak, but when you fill it, it won't fit.  It doesn't make much sense to have a container with a hard outside (gourd or wood flask) not be able to fit when it's empty.

Is there something that can be done so the code can tell between these two types?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Yes, but it probably won't be done, as it would be difficult and require a data that doesn't currently exist in the object database.

-- X

I've always pretended that it's just too heavy for whatever pocket I was trying to put it into, that the pocket sags, bulges, whatever.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Editted out because I didn't read the first post careful enough.

Best way to probably play it out is that the filled flask is heavy enough to cause the stitches to weaken and rip.

Quote from: "jcarter"Realistically, I could probably stuff a waterskin into a pair of my jean's pocket. If I filled it up all the way though, I doubt it would fit.
The OP pointed out that in this case it's a flask and therefore it's size wouldn't change based on how full or empty it was.

I like Cuusardo's answer since this is obviously just a code quirk.