Let's blow up the world.

Started by Anonymous, July 15, 2005, 12:49:21 AM

Tuluk.

Allanak.

One of 'em's gotsta go.

Seriously, hear me out folks. If, during a major HRPT, a catastrophic event occured in either Tuluk or Allanak which caused the city to become utterly destroyed, the game as a whole would become significantly "cooler".

Destroying one city-state while allowing the other one to grow with added features, clans, rooms, and plots will consolidate the playerbase and create more tension and interaction between players, due to the limited options of where they can live.

I don't care which city goes. Hear me out nessalin; just blow one of those boogers up!

What say you?

Nope, even though I would like Tuluk to revert back to tribes. I still prefer the conflict between the two city states at the moment. As well as the presures it puts on the other factions out there to decide and such.
eel my squirrely wrath!!!!!!!

Malifaxis wrote:
Hizzle, shizzle, fabizzle mechakizzle will probably force my fingers to autorespond with subdue target and the nearest directions for the top of the Shield Wall. Lets see if you can flizzle, bizzle.

I tend to agree.  Consolidating city-based roles would definitely foster more plots and roleplay.

Quote from: "Foamy007"Nope, even though I would like Tuluk to revert back to tribes. I still prefer the conflict between the two city states at the moment. As well as the presures it puts on the other factions out there to decide and such.

Um, what conflict? I could be wrong, but I've not seen any conflict in months.

I'm all for blowing up a city. And if that's too drastic, then atleast blow half of one up. I think it would -really- be neat for all of us who haven't seen any big battles between the two city-states to finally see one! And then it would lead to neat RP. I am definitely all for some major hrpt's happening here.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

I think blowing up a city is a bit too harsh, maybe just a war between north and south. Parts of the cities would be busted, and hostile NPC raiders and soldiers would become a common occurence.

But seriously, Allanak would have to win.
ossibly the best quote, ever:
Quote from: "Bestatte"Welcome to Armageddon, and may all your deaths be interesting.

What conflict indeed.

Blow up Tuluk.

Quote from: "Kalden"Blow up Tuluk.

Lets not and say we did.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Damnit, you people are going to get Tuluk demolished before I even get to play a character there, aren't you?

Okay I have to ask this: *sarcastic* Is everyone bored or what?

This trend is disturbing. so far.

-- Blow up Tuluk
-- Blow up Tuluk or Allanak
-- Close some noble houses
-- Close all noble houses
-- Close some merchant houses
-- Make half-elf a karma race
-- Close off Sorcerers
-- Restrict the number of magickers
-- Even a while back, and this boggled my mind .. mandatory week long waiting period between apps.
-- I'm sure there are more along these lines.

Am I crazy or does this seem like a trend?  What ever happened to creativity? Inovation?
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

There is conflict. Definetly conflict. Nose around, you'll find it. Just because something isn't obvious and out there, doesn't mean it's not there.

The game would lose a massive portion of it's roleplaying possibilites if one of the cities were taken away. You're all on crack. And it's not the good stuff.
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: "amoeba"What ever happened to creativity? Inovation?
You can't innovate city PCs into a single location, which is the point.  Concentration of city PCs is an interesting prospect to me because I've always found the roleplay to be better when you have a greater number of peers on your social level whether noble or merchant or guard or indy.

To be fair 'blowing up Tuluk' and 'closing down Tuluki nobility' and some of those other suggestions in your list are really pretty much the same sentiment.

I just had a great idea. Instead of blowing up Tuluk, we could have it burn down in a natural fire. Take that, northern scum!
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

As Moofassa said dig around a little bit. Stop getting lazy and expecting things to happen on their own thanks to the IMMS ther are a reason they dont get so invovled. Hello you are the players, go down to nak and shout that Tektolnes is an ass and then when a templar catchs you and drags you off tell him that he should know that tuluk is going to crush his balls with a steel hammer for this. Start crap on your own ppl.

Gosh.
eel my squirrely wrath!!!!!!!

Malifaxis wrote:
Hizzle, shizzle, fabizzle mechakizzle will probably force my fingers to autorespond with subdue target and the nearest directions for the top of the Shield Wall. Lets see if you can flizzle, bizzle.

Tuluk got blown up once before.
Allanak: 1
Tuluk: 0

I think round 2 with Tek's magickers would be fun though.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I would still like to see an "official" cease-fire worked out between the two cities, you know, with written documents and diplomatic envoys and stuff.  That wouldn't prevent "unofficial" incursions, scirmishes, raids, assassinations and boarder disputes.   They could still happen just as often as they do now, but you'd probably take your men out of uniform to do them.  

In many situations a diplomatic envoy is half honoured guest, half spy, and half hostage.  Yes, that is three halves, diplomacy is tricky buisness.  On the one hand you are representing your government which confers great rank, but on the other hand you are being hung out to dry all alone, and if something goes wrong there is no one to back you up except your small staff.  The envoy might be a great statesman and negotiater, or he might be an annoying tit that is sent just so his superiors don't have to deal with him for a while.  It would provide some variety to noble life, and encourage more inter-city conflict and scheming.  It is hard to plot against those foreign devils if you don't know their names, what they look like, or who is important.  It wouldn't require any new clans, and only a little new construction.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Tek could send his black robes. Try something, I dare you.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Blowing up a city state and leaving it in ruins.. Surely the renegades will have a great ruins on the other side of the known world.  Not to mention groups of scavengers and tomb raiders rushing to the ruins, in hopes of picking up whatever prize the leveled city could bring them.  The skirmishers between the scavengers....  Oh.. Sounds all too cool.

Quote from: "Rhyden"
Quote from: "Kalden"Blow up Tuluk.

Yeah, let's do it.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Oh great, another "I hate Tuluk" thread.   :roll:
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Yes please, blow something up. I'm glad we tried having the game made for twice our playerbase but it hasn't worked out. Boom.

Actually, my wife just reminded me of the dream I had last night.  I believe that Luir's will be wiped from the face of the planet.  (Note: This is the wrong choice).  I was standing in a black fortress in my dream a couple other dudes (guards, perhaps) nearby when we were assaulted by what I can only call a rain of arrows that darkened the sky.  We were all hit numerous times and I limped off somewhere and looked down at the many arrows poking out of my legs.

No doubt this dream portends the destruction of Luir's to some bow-wield Gith women.

Now we just have to find a way to redirect their energy toward Tuluk before it's too late.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

QuoteThere is conflict. Definetly conflict. Nose around, you'll find it. Just because something isn't obvious and out there, doesn't mean it's not there.

Eh, these past few months I've been in the position to know. There's really nothing to speak of.

Tuluk is a waste. I want to see the 'rinth hopping.

I agree that there is no conflict between the supposidly feuding city-states.  I try my best, but even I get burnt out playing the bad guy all the time, and I got tired of dying, someone else can take those reins.

-RM

Hmm.. ehem... Well I can't say there is no conflict.

There definetely is some.  But well... I could say it is below expectations.  Well.. My expectations.  I could say I have seen more tension, but for the last months, I can't see as much.  There still is, but eh.. You got the idea.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Damnit boy, if people aren't doing you call that tension? Bah, what the hell has this game amounted to? Treehugging piece of kankshit, my next PC is going to a nakki ranger that kills northerners for fun and eats their eyeballs, and makes a cloak out of their scalps.