Character Apps

Started by Spud, July 14, 2005, 12:34:38 AM

What do you all think of an option to cancel a character app once sent in? After waiting for a couple days on a current app, this idea came to me. I know of atleast one other MUD that has is, just thought it would be nice if for some reason something was wrong with it, or another idea for a character came to you while the current was applying. Instead of bothering the imms and waiting a couple more days to try it, you could cancel the current and start over.

Opinions?
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

I'd definitely love to see this option in the character creation menu. I know I've regrettably hit that 'u' botton instead of something else before when I was editing my character, making the wait only two times longer.  :evil: Would this be easy to do? I know there is an option to delete a character after an immortal has looked over them. Could that option be given to a player while a character is applying?

As well, I've made a character, edited them and sent them in with high hopes only to realise the next morning that the idea was poop and I'd rather make something else that's fresh off my mind.

Once again, I really like this idea. :wink:

Quote from: "Spud"What do you all think of an option to cancel a character app once sent in? After waiting for a couple days on a current app, this idea came to me. I know of atleast one other MUD that has is, just thought it would be nice if for some reason something was wrong with it, or another idea for a character came to you while the current was applying. Instead of bothering the imms and waiting a couple more days to try it, you could cancel the current and start over.

Opinions?

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea.

It'd save the player from having to play a concept they don't want to anymore (or the taboo suicide, as some go) and it'd save the imms from having to review a character they didn't really have to in the first place.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Good idea. It'd be even nicer if you could 'store' the idea, if you were unsure, so that you wouldn't have to type it all out later if you decided to go ahead and use it.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Quote from: "bloodfromstone"Good idea. It'd be even nicer if you could 'store' the idea, if you were unsure, so that you wouldn't have to type it all out later if you decided to go ahead and use it.
:D

I love this idea. It would let me write up characters whenever and come back to them whenever a current one dies. I don't know if it would be possible, but it's definitely an awesome idea.

Personally I don't like the idea to store them. I think it would take up huge amounts of space with everyone storing characters like that. Write em up and stick them in a text document.

I do love the idea of cancelled apps. I always retrospect and think "Idiot, your char should be two years younger!" or "Man, I really should have chosen to be a mekillot this time!"
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.