Time

Started by Bebop, July 12, 2005, 01:03:19 PM

When you enter your characters age is it real life years or Zalanthan years?

Zalanthan years, I would imagine, as the 'days' bit afterwards is in Zalanthan time, not real time. So yeah, Zalanthan years, not RL years.

Zalanthan years and Earth years are the same length.

A 30 year old human on Earth is just as old as a 30 year old human on Zalanthas.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Zalanthan years and Earth years are the same length.
Actually, this may not be exactly true.  In Zalanthas, there are 693 days of 9 hours long per year.  This is 6237 hours.  In the real world, a year is 365.25 days of 24 hours each.  This is 8766 hours total.  We don't have a way to break things down into minutes, however, as we don't keep track of that in Zalanthas time, and thus can't say that this amount of time is equal.
Quote from: "Marauder Moe"A 30 year old human on Earth is just as old as a 30 year old human on Zalanthas.
However, this is very true and the real meat of Moe's answer that should be paid attention to.  Regardless of time differentials, people mature at proportionately the same rate.  A 30 year old Zalanthan has reached the same stage of maturity that a 30 year old real live person would have reached.

I just thought I'd be a bit more specific.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Zalanthan years and Earth years are the same length.
Actually, this may not be exactly true.  In Zalanthas, there are 693 days of 9 hours long per year.  This is 6237 hours.  In the real world, a year is 365.25 days of 24 hours each.  This is 8766 hours total.  We don't have a way to break things down into minutes, however, as we don't keep track of that in Zalanthas time, and thus can't say that this amount of time is equal.
Quote from: "Marauder Moe"A 30 year old human on Earth is just as old as a 30 year old human on Zalanthas.
However, this is very true and the real meat of Moe's answer that should be paid attention to.  Regardless of time differentials, people mature at proportionately the same rate.  A 30 year old Zalanthan has reached the same stage of maturity that a 30 year old real live person would have reached.

I just thought I'd be a bit more specific.
You're assuming the hours are same length.  They might not neccessarily be. ;)

:wink: That's why I said that we don't keep track of minutes to carry that discussion further.  All that matters is that the maturity vs years proportions match up. 8)
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

When you enter your character's age, it is in Zalanthan years.

For humans, that roughly approximates real-life human physical maturational age in real-life years.  For other races, it's relative to their specific race, and "help race_<race_name>" should offer a reasonable approximation of how those races compare in relation to humans.  There is no simple cut & dried mathematical formula to account for each & every race, however.
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]